PDA

View Full Version : Police Procedure

fordman1
05-17-2016, 11:00 AM
What is best in a stranger danger situation?

Flooding the area with marked cars or
Flooding the area with unmarked cars?

My grand sons school and another school had reports from kids about a man in his 30's trying to coax kids into his car. It was a white or grey Chevy. It was splashed all over the news.
What is a better plan keeping it quiet and setting a trap or just scaring the pervert to a different area?
I dropped my grandson off this morning and there were cops everywhere. Is it smart to scare him to the next suburb over or try to catch him?

Hot_pocket
05-18-2016, 03:15 AM
If the motive is to deter, then you show force, but if you want to catch him you put 1 or 2 Undercovers around. When my house was being broken into the offices showed up in the squad car but they kept the sirens off and the lights on. The guys trying to get in didn't even know they pulled up they heard the doors closing.

fordman1
05-18-2016, 08:29 AM
Just go home. After 2 days of heavy presents not a cop in site. Hopefully they are in hiding. The guy is still at large. Or they couldn't afford to not have them out writing tickets.

LyalC52
05-18-2016, 09:43 AM
IMO getting the word out is key
we had a similar situation with home invasions around here by a couple posing as carpet cleaners
we saw more marked cars in the neighborhood and neighbors spreading the word

fordman1
05-18-2016, 02:09 PM
Yea, but were they caught or did they just move on to another area?