PDA

View Full Version : If You Think You Can't Use Your Thumb and Knock Down Pins, Read This...

RobLV1
05-23-2016, 07:39 PM
This afternoon I went over to watch the burn squad at the USBC Queen's Tournament. I can tell you one thing for sure: it's not like it used to be! We used to watch the ladies bowl because we could relate to their ability to knock down pins without the power that the PBA pros had. Today, I saw the best female bowlers on the planet knocking down pins with every bit as much power as all but the most powerful men. The reason? They take advantage of the bowling balls, and they work very, very hard on developing their games. This is particularly true, as in golf, for the Asian women who, despite their generally smaller stature, repeat shot after powerful shot. These ladies are truly an inspiration.

Amyers
05-24-2016, 09:00 AM
The women are marvels to watch. When the women come to Lexington KY this year I plan on taking my daughters and watching. Most of the women are much more technically proficient than the men.

IHateTenPins
05-24-2016, 11:22 AM
Yeah I agree. I enjoy watching the women professional bowl like Danielle McEwan is so smooth and has such great form. I wish I was as technically sound as her.

foreverincamo
05-26-2016, 06:17 PM
The finals are tonite on TV. Jealous of you ROBLV1 for getting to see them qualify. The top 5 are from 5 different countries too. They are amazing athletes, no doubt. Love watching them. Closest they get to me is in Detroit, and I'm going up there to watch them. Did last year and had a blast!

JasonNJ
05-26-2016, 10:30 PM
It was a good show. Congrats to Bernice Lim, she was definitely the best bowler tonight. I was marveling how accurate she was. Like a robot, she just kept rolling the ball over the same mark over and over.

I think the nerves got Poppler and Anderson. Poppler had her game won but she got tight and threw 2 bad shots. Same with Anderson, she was behind and knew she needed to strike out and just held onto the ball too long in the ninth frame.