PDA

View Full Version : Need advice quickly!

Timmyb
05-25-2016, 10:25 PM
I'm going to go buy a new spare ball tomorrow. I've kind of knocked it down to between the Motiv Arctic Sniper, and the Motiv Rebel Tank. A few guys on here have recommended the Sniper, but my PSO is all over the Tank. The Tank looks like it might have a bit more pop to it, and a couple of reviews online say they both make excellent spare/dry lane balls. Anyone have experience with either?

Just to be clear, I don't care if one is more expensive than the other.

Amyers
05-26-2016, 09:09 AM
if your comfortable flattening your wrist and tend to be more speed dominate and bowl mostly THS patterns the Tank will give you more options to use as a strike ball than the sniper will. If you tend to prefer to use your regular release and/or rev dominate or if you bowl more sports patterns the Tank will hook more than you want for a spare ball. The Tank is 3-5 boards more aggressive than the Artic Sniper. Unless it's important to you to be able to throw the spare ball as a strike ball save the $60 and buy a White Dot or Maxim. Personally myself I would buy a cheap spare ball and then buy a light oil ball of my choice instead of trying to have one cover both. I can always bring another two ball bag to a big tournament but that's just me.

Jessiewoodard57
05-26-2016, 09:30 AM
I agree on the "cheap" spare ball if all you want is a ball that goes straight any plastic ball will do ,,,me I'd go cheap and get a Tzone

JasonNJ
05-26-2016, 09:38 AM
I would say it depends on how you shoot spares, if you want to shoot completely straight at them, then get the Sniper. If you prefer to have a little hook, then the Tank.

The Tank will probably be more versatile in that you can use it as a strike ball when the lanes really dry out but that will also make shooting corner pins more difficult. I myself have recently started using a Storm Pitch Black for all my spares which is a comparable ball to the tank and I love not having to carry a ball just for spares.

Timmyb
05-26-2016, 09:48 PM
Thanks, guys. I ended up with the Tank. Pin up over middle finger, and the ball will get polished. Basically leaves me with the Sniper, with much better pop on a dry lane.