PDA

View Full Version : Managing and Preventing Bowling Knee Pain USBC Bowling Academy

bowl1820
05-27-2016, 02:06 PM
Published on May 3, 2016

Minor aches and pains are bound to happen when you’re bowling consistently and for extended periods of time. However, some injuries are preventable and can be limited by making minor changes to your technique, posture and footwork. For instance, many bowlers of all ages complain of bowling knee pain at the end of a game or practice session, and they assume it’s just something they have to put up with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CkutvX0dLE

1VegasBowler
05-27-2016, 04:21 PM
After having my slide (left) knee operated on 7 times and in need of having it replaced, I have to deal with knee pain for everything I do. While eating ibuprofen like they're M&M's and using a hinged knee brace, I get some relief. I am due for another injection of Celestone in my knee which will help as well, but until the knee gets replaced there will always be pain in my knee.

Huber
06-04-2016, 07:02 PM
I get knee pain but it's from my form and speed. Been working on it and now I really only get it after 7 games.

I am starting to get pain in my slide hip so I may have that checked out soon

1VegasBowler
06-05-2016, 01:57 AM
Today (Saturday) I bought a Copper Fit knee sleeve to augment my hinged knee brace and it made a huge difference.

I only bowled a 720 and missed cashing on the 9Tap Tour today, and despite the fact that I stuck a few times and I did not have any increased in pain was amazing all in itself. The knee sleeve saved me for sure.