PDA

View Full Version : Contest June 6, 2016 to June 12, 2016 - Brunswick Vintage Danger Zone

BowlingBoards.com
06-06-2016, 04:57 PM
We are giving away a Brunswick Vintage Danger Zone to a random poster from June 6, 2016 through June 12, 2016.

== General Giveaway Rules

Every post made on BowlingBoards during the dates listed above will be considered an entry. Drawing will be done the first business day following the contest period. Winner will be contacted via email and through BowlingBoards.com. Contest winners will receive Free Shipping within the contiguous US. Winners from other locations are eligible to win but will be responsible for actual shipping costs to their location.

BowlingBoards is a moderated site and reserves the right to delete any post deemed illegitimate, automatic, or just plain off topic.

The goal of BowlingBoards is to bring more people into our community. Participate in the conversations happening here. And while you are at it, you will be earning entries into our drawing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! -- We reserve the right to redraw a winner if the winning post is not of quality content. Quality content is at the sole discretion of the BowlingBoards.com administrators. This means that one word posts will not qualify. Repeating what someone else has said does not qualify.

Just participate in the conversation instead of "trying to win" a drawing. The more you participate, the better your chances.

1VegasBowler
06-06-2016, 06:29 PM
The new Vintage Danger Zone is an excellent symmetrical ball that has returned to the Brunswick lineup!

I bought this ball on the advice of Johnny Petraglia, Jr., and I got it for the sole purpose of using it on a PBA Experience league and other sport patterns.

It was drilled pin up at 45x5x45 and I have used the OOB surface.

It not only reads the lanes beautifully from front to mid to the back end, but it has a very smooth and predictable hook, and hits hard. I have also had some great carry with this ball and have even managed a few strikes without hitting the head pin!

The shelf price at around $120 is a fantastic deal as well for a ball that is a step up from a starter ball that can certainly be used for many purposes other than what I use it for.

ep1977
06-06-2016, 07:40 PM
I am still considering choosing this ball to go with the Paradox Pearl in the get your gear league so it would be great to win it here and then get the Scandal in the league.

Timmyb
06-06-2016, 09:27 PM
Would love to win this. Need a rough surface ball to go with My polished IQ Nano.

Blacksox1
06-06-2016, 09:56 PM
Bowled a 300 with a danger zone many years ago. I am willing to try again.

Hot_pocket
06-06-2016, 10:57 PM
wouldn't mind having a second one in my bag. the ball is a real treat for any bowler.

Amyers
06-07-2016, 08:51 AM
All ready got one and like it but sure would take another.

Goose
06-07-2016, 09:09 AM
Wouldn't mind have a first one in my hand.

LOUVIT
06-07-2016, 09:54 AM
sounds like something I can use for my come back after 25 year vacation....lol Finally can buy a ball next week and this is one of my choices.

manke
06-07-2016, 10:43 AM
From everything i read it sounds like a great piece!!

1VegasBowler
06-07-2016, 12:14 PM
Just as an FYI...I am not a paid endorser for Brunswick or DV8. I just happen to use both and I will talk about the equipment that I own and have tried.

Like most other bowlers, we are prejudiced to the equipment that we are using, have used and have tried, and there are some from Brunswick and DV8 that I do not like.

My suggestion to those who do get new equipment, do so because it fits your game. Far too many people buy a ball/balls because their favorite pros use them, and they certainly tend to be marketed that way.

The following case and point comes from my own experience thanks to my PSO.

Before I got my VDZ, I was totally on the fence for the VDZ and the Mastermind Brainiac. I looked at every review possible on line and still coulld not decide.

When I went to my PSO, Johnny Petraglia, Jr., he flat out went with the VDZ because it was going to work great for what I wanted to do with it. Not that the MB wasn't a good ball, the VDZ was going to fit the bigger picture much better over all, despite the fact that the MB is more expensive (not by much) than the VDZ.

This becomes the difference between the PSO's. Some will sell you what you want or even try to get you to get the more expensive ball only for their bottom line, and this is where the separation between them comes in to play. I even had him decide which dual angle layout was going to be the best as well.

I trust Johnny without any reservations in doing what's right for me, and everybody here should have that same trust in your PSO's. Their interest in your game should always be their #1 priority, not their bottom line.

Huber
06-07-2016, 06:34 PM
Been seeing a lot of good things about this ball! Great choice for the next giveaway

Revemup300
06-08-2016, 12:30 PM
I would love to add this to my LT48 vintage and brute strength. Original Danger Zone was one of my all time favorite balls.

bowlndance
06-08-2016, 03:52 PM
Hubby has the original; I want the new version to start off the new season!!

1VegasBowler
06-08-2016, 06:45 PM
Hubby has the original; I want the new version to start off the new season!!

The original won more titles in the Brunswick name than almost all of the others.

There are just 2 differences now. The cover stock has been changed, and the core was changed to come up to USBC specs.

foreverincamo
06-09-2016, 10:40 PM
Would love to win this ball. Probably end up buying one if I don't.

Dadman13
06-10-2016, 08:45 PM
I've heard nothing but good things about this ball. I would love to give it a try.

LOUVIT
06-14-2016, 06:40 PM
so who was the lucky winner on this one?

foreverincamo
06-16-2016, 09:19 PM
They usually post the winner on FB, but they haven't posted anything yet. Like they forgot, or the guy in charge went on vacation.

LOUVIT
06-17-2016, 08:49 AM
I didn't know this was on FB

foreverincamo
06-17-2016, 04:17 PM
Bowling Boards has a FB page. It seems the winners alternate between the FB page and the forum.

LOUVIT
06-17-2016, 04:33 PM
is FB facebook? and what's the page name?

bowl1820
06-17-2016, 04:48 PM
is FB facebook? and what's the page name?

FB=Facebook

Heres a link
https://www.facebook.com/bowlingboards

foreverincamo
06-19-2016, 08:17 PM
Did anyone get credit for winning?

LOUVIT
06-20-2016, 07:04 PM
not sure for the 12th but ME for the 19th........it's on FB

bowl1820
06-21-2016, 06:27 PM
The winner was Tony Bochicchio of NJ.