PDA

View Full Version : What do you do......

Timmyb
06-07-2016, 11:02 AM
If your league secretary isn't posting you stats with the USBC? It's been two months since league ended, and I checked bowl.com, and there's nothing. I left a message with him, and he won't reply.

1VegasBowler
06-07-2016, 12:18 PM
I would contact the league president and see if he has an answer, because they are supposed to have the scores submitted within 1 week.

If that gets you nowhere, contact your local USBC.

LOUVIT
06-13-2016, 04:54 PM
just got to go above him, he/she has a job to do!

Amyers
06-13-2016, 07:41 PM
Good luck the wife and I have had two sets of scores posted in 3 years bowling 3-5 leagues summer and fall in three different houses

1VegasBowler
06-13-2016, 08:16 PM
I'm guessing that their nomination for Secretary of the Year is not forthcoming? lol

JasonNJ
06-14-2016, 12:17 AM
It also could be the bowl.com website. If I do a search for myself it doesn't list any stats or average for me but they have my league standing sheets available so I don't know what the hold up is.

fordman1
06-14-2016, 08:24 AM
One is sent in by the league sec. League sheet. The other is sent in my the local assn. after they get it from the league sec. About a month before the end of the season every sec. gets a list of certified bowlers from the local. It has a spot for the bowlers Cert. number the number of games the total pins the final average and the hand right or left. Once this is sent in the local sends it to the USBC. Call your local and ask if they sent it in. Not all secretaries and local assn.'s are equal. Just like some centers, some oil patterns and some balls.

Aslan
06-14-2016, 08:49 PM
It takes a while.

Some league secretaries get them in within a couple weeks. Some drag it out a month. Then the local USBC has to input the data into their systems, THEN it gets passed to the national USBC for them to enter into Bowl.com. Usually, I'd expect 1-2 months after league ends before the stats make it to the bowl.com website.

fordman1
06-15-2016, 10:05 AM
If your league secretary isn't posting you stats with the USBC? It's been two months since league ended, and I checked bowl.com, and there's nothing. I left a message with him, and he won't reply.

So how about an update what has happened since you posted this? Any new info?

Blomer
06-15-2016, 11:48 AM
My scores aren't posted yet either for the three leagues I was in this past fall. Maybe I should join some tournaments as I improved my average by double digits.

1VegasBowler
06-15-2016, 12:24 PM
While it's always good to see what you did for a season, your average on the Bowl.com web site doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot unless you're going to be in tournaments. And when you do go to tournaments it can have a radical difference in what your average will be for that tournament.

Reading the tournament rules regarding your average is going to be is crucial, because most will have you use what you had during a winter season (21 games or more), or in a current season with 21 or more. Most (if not all) will not consider Sport or Tough shot leagues for your average.

In the first case, you print up your averages from Bowl.com. The second case is you bring in the most recent league sheet to show your average. No biggie, right?

Well, here's where it can get super ugly for you if you can't produce either of them.

If you cannot provide either one, chances are you're going to have your average established at around 220 or 225, depending on the tournament.

If you're a 170-190 bowler, you gonna be hosed for that tournament. You are now considered bowling scratch. No handicap whatsoever. And unless you can bowl whatever that scratch score is all day & night, you're not going to win anything. Might just as well light a fire to your money because that's what it will be worth.

If you can't get any satisfaction from your league officers, then go to your local USBC. If they aren't going to help, call the National Offices of the USBC in Texas so that they can intervene.

fordman1
06-15-2016, 04:34 PM
One thing many bowlers don't understand is that at the end of each season you should elect officers for the up coming season. There is no reason I can think of that would stop you from calling for new elections at the organizational meeting before next season. If you aren't going to do the job don't except it. I personally would raise so much hell they would do their job or quit. Demand it! No excuse

1VegasBowler
06-16-2016, 02:53 AM
One thing many bowlers don't understand is that at the end of each season you should elect officers for the up coming season. There is no reason I can think of that would stop you from calling for new elections at the organizational meeting before next season. If you aren't going to do the job don't except it. I personally would raise so much hell they would do their job or quit. Demand it! No excuse

AMEN to that!

While I certainly understand that being a secretary is a thankless job, there is no excuse for not having the scores put in the system for the BOWL.com people to get it in there.