PDA

View Full Version : Storm Fight Bowling Ball Review By Lane Side Reviews

bowl1820
06-10-2016, 07:09 PM
Published on May 26, 2016

We were lucky enough to be sent the New FIGHT by Storm Bowling. We put it through its paces on KEGEL Main Street oil pattern and have brought the results to you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAMh6rUW-go

RobLV1
06-10-2016, 07:42 PM
One of my teammates recently bought the Fight and initially struggled with it, so I took the surface down to 1000 abralon and added Step 2 polish. Based on what I saw, I bought one for myself, and settled on 1000 abralon plus Powerhouse Factory Finish polish. With this finish, this ball has as much back end motion as I've ever seen. It hits like a truck!

Timmyb
06-10-2016, 10:19 PM
One of my teammates recently bought the Fight and initially struggled with it, so I took the surface down to 1000 abralon and added Step 2 polish. Based on what I saw, I bought one for myself, and settled on 1000 abralon plus Powerhouse Factory Finish polish. With this finish, this ball has as much back end motion as I've ever seen. It hits like a truck!

I've been using mine right out of the box from the get-go. The truck part is right on the money!

LOUVIT
06-11-2016, 12:34 PM
Do we know what weight ball Wayne was throwing I am also a low speed / rev guy.

got_a_300
06-11-2016, 01:00 PM
Do we know what weight ball Wayne was throwing

Yes we do, the ball Wayne was throwing was a 15lbs. 1oz. ball drilled
60°x5"x35° and if I'm not mistaken they all throw that same ball using
switch grips so it will fit them.

LOUVIT
06-11-2016, 01:11 PM
dam, so much to learn after 25 years. I'm getting a new ball Tuesday and still am clueless. this one just made the list...

got_a_300
06-11-2016, 01:25 PM
I'm getting a new ball Tuesday and still am clueless. this one just made the list...

This ball has a monstrous core in it and a solid cover but it isn't
a hook monster like some of the other stuff out on the market.

I've seen the ball in action and it is very smooth thru the heads
and mid lane and saves a lot of energy for when it hits the pins.

It is going to be my next Storm ball purchase when I get around
to buying some new equipment but I do need to clear out some
of my older stuff first.

LOUVIT
06-11-2016, 02:40 PM
This ball has a monstrous core in it and a solid cover but it isn't
a hook monster like some of the other stuff out on the market.

I've seen the ball in action and it is very smooth thru the heads
and mid lane and saves a lot of energy for when it hits the pins.

It is going to be my next Storm ball purchase when I get around
to buying some new equipment but I do need to clear out some
of my older stuff first.

what are you clearing out, maybe something I can use?...lol. Like I said I have no idea where I am since I'm bowling with a ball with the bias 2" left of the thumb hole which I'm told is a lefty drill. I am so confused it's killing me. I won't have 3-4-5 balls. I want one hooking ball 14 or 15# that will carry at 14 mph and not a great rev. All I guess i did in the last 3 months was get my approach and timing back a bit. never realized that my ball wouldn't hook because it was not drilled for a righty.