PDA

View Full Version : What do you look for in a Pro Shop?

Blomer
06-15-2016, 12:04 PM
I was at my center the other at, first time in a while, and they had a sign up that a pro shop will be coming soon, I'm assuming before fall league starts. They never really had a shop in there. One of the employees did drilling she would do but nothing consistent and nothing to buy. I have a pro shop I go to. I go there as the guy never pushes you to buy anything. He will give suggestions based on how you bowl and what you want to do with it. If you were looking at a ball that costs $200 and it wasn't right for you, he would suggest a ball that is $125 or so it's what's best. Down to earth guy, always recognizes his customers.

So my question is, what fm you look for n a pro shop?

Jessiewoodard57
06-15-2016, 12:14 PM
the way you describe your current PSO I don't know as I would entertain the notion of switching. My PSO is like yours. he opened a new shop this month that is much closer to the lanes but I still trust him drilling for me.

RobLV1
06-15-2016, 01:18 PM
First off, don't look for a Pro Shop, look for a ball driller. If you can find a driller who is knowledgeable and can consistently drill every ball so it feels exactly the same, then stick to him/her. Make sure that if you go to a shop where multiple people work, that the same personal always drills balls for you.

ep1977
06-15-2016, 01:53 PM
I want my PSO to appreciate my business. Within a 20 minute drive of my house there are at minimum 8 Pro shops and some don't act like there is any competition by the way they treat the customers.

shadd
06-15-2016, 01:53 PM
...I go there as the guy never pushes you to buy anything. He will give suggestions based on how you bowl and what you want to do with it. If you were looking at a ball that costs $200 and it wasn't right for you, he would suggest a ball that is $125 or so it's what's best. Down to earth guy, always recognizes his customers.

So my question is, what fm you look for n a pro shop?

Your guy sounds amazing!!!

I wish I could find someone like that. For my last 2, I've driven almost an hour and paid $60 each (drilling and fingertips, no thumb slug) and he "layed out" my balls based on the track of my old ball...didn't even have me throw a single ball.

To say the least, I'm very jealous of you haha

LOUVIT
06-15-2016, 03:14 PM
had my first pro shop experience today in 25 years but I was with a coach so I can't say much for the shop yet even though we did go with the ball he said would work for me. I am picking it up tomorrow and will see how good they are.