PDA

View Full Version : Ball Cleaning Wipes

ep1977
06-19-2016, 08:27 PM
Do any of you use ball cleaning wipes? My PSO swears by Storm Reacta Wipes and I've seen him use them after he finishes bowling. Anyone know what these wipes are made of? Are they essentially the same as clorox wipes?

Blomer
06-20-2016, 08:57 AM
I've seen people use them, not sure what they are made up off, assuming similar to their spray or foam. I use That Purple Stuff myself.

bowl1820
06-20-2016, 09:49 AM
Do any of you use ball cleaning wipes? My PSO swears by Storm Reacta Wipes and I've seen him use them after he finishes bowling. Anyone know what these wipes are made of? Are they essentially the same as clorox wipes?

I don't use wipes myself and I've only seen a couple of people here that had some. The main ones I've seen and that are talked about online are the powerhouse adrenaline steroid wipes.

Powerhouse Adrenaline product video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZl-lUKXUZ0

Amyers
06-20-2016, 12:11 PM

I tried a free pack of them they don't work any better than the good sprays (LMB, Valentiono's Remedy, Powerhouse) in my opinion and cost way more. Nice way for the PSO to make extra money though lol

1VegasBowler
06-20-2016, 12:11 PM
I have the wipes, but they are very expensive. One use and they're done.

I also have That Purple Stuff, but I don't use it during league play because of the high cost. And the smell lingers on forever and will make you want to barf. Don't get me wrong, this is great stuff. But even in a well ventilated area, this stuff hangs around for hours.

LOUVIT
06-20-2016, 02:00 PM
http://www.bowlingball.com/products/accessories/ebonite/10114/powerhouse-adrenaline-ball-steroid-wipes.html

10 of the for 12.00 doesn't seem too bad. Video is impressive. funny thing my new Track Heat doesn't pick up oil on it. We were looking and my ball to find the track and there was no oil on the ball to find it. there was oil on other balls on the same pair of lanes....

Amyers
06-20-2016, 02:30 PM
http://www.bowlingball.com/products/accessories/ebonite/10114/powerhouse-adrenaline-ball-steroid-wipes.html

10 of the for 12.00 doesn't seem too bad. Video is impressive. funny thing my new Track Heat doesn't pick up oil on it. We were looking and my ball to find the track and there was no oil on the ball to find it. there was oil on other balls on the same pair of lanes....

10 for $12 = $1.20 per use. A bottle of cleaner lasts me about 3 months I bowl on average at least 3 times a week with 4 weeks to a month to make it simple 3x4x3= 36 bowling trips (in all reality I bowl more than this) 8oz bottle of remedy is $12.95 / 36 = $.35 per use same amount of bowling with wipes $1.20 x36 = $43.20 but honestly the difference is even more because that same bottle of cleaner also cleans my wife's balls and my two daughter's balls the daughter bowl twice a week the wife twice a week too. Now sometimes we all bowl together and the same wipe could clean all the balls but other times we don't so the real cost for the spray is about $.15. If I was going to pay as much as the ball wipes costs I just wouldn't bother with cleaning or surfacing at all and buy a new ball every 6 months it would be cheaper.

bowl1820
06-20-2016, 03:18 PM

10 wipes for $12 is might pricey. Storms wipes are bit cheaper 20 for $12, but thats still kind of high.

LOUVIT
06-20-2016, 06:00 PM
ok so these wipes are used 1 time and trashed? Sorry I missed that part. Knowing that now yea pricey for sure

Tampabaybob
06-20-2016, 06:45 PM
Just about any name brand ball cleaner is your least expensive and best bet. The wipes are a gimmick by the companies that seel them just for more profit. They're not going to do anything greater for your bowling than a regular cleaner.

Mike White
06-20-2016, 06:57 PM
Just about any name brand ball cleaner is your least expensive and best bet. The wipes are a gimmick by the companies that seel them just for more profit. They're not going to do anything greater for your bowling than a regular cleaner.

Bowling balls designed to absorb lane oil is a gimmick, to allow bowlers to be lazy.

If the ball wouldn't absorb oil, you would have to wipe the ball clean of lane oil before each shot.

On the financial side.

You wouldn't have to have the ball de-oiled every 30-60 games.

You wouldn't have to buy another ball due to ball death.

That added feature of oil absorption turns out to be rather expensive.

Amyers
06-20-2016, 08:31 PM
ok so these wipes are used 1 time and trashed? Sorry I missed that part. Knowing that now yea pricey for sure

I've seen some people try to put them in plastic baggies to reuse them but even then maybe get 2 uses and deal with them drying out to only pay more. It just doesn't make sense except to the company making them and the pro shop selling them.

LOUVIT
06-21-2016, 03:29 PM
what about plain rubbing alcohol?

Amyers
06-21-2016, 03:49 PM
what about plain rubbing alcohol?

I've seen many people say that a combination of simple green and alcohol some with or without water added is effective I've never tried it. I've used storm reacta foam, motiv cleaner, powerhouse, tack up, lane masters, and Valentino's RX of the bunch powerhouse and valentino's rx have been the best. I'm sure you could look at some of bowl1820's posts about cleaners as he's tested a lot of them.