PDA

View Full Version : WPBA Lexington Open

Amyers
07-05-2016, 01:08 PM
My wife, daughter, and I attended the WPBA Lexington Open this weekend. We got to watch the step lander finals for who makes the show and the wife and daughter bowled in the Pro-Am event scheduled after the finals were completed. We all had an excellent time and if you've never attended a WPBA event you should really make the time to do it.

Getting to watch the women bowl was amazing. Most of them look relatively small on tv. You don't actually realize how much power these petite women generate through their swings until you see them in person. All the matches I watched were well bowled and many of them went down to the last couple of balls to determine the winner.

All of the pro's that bowled with the Pro-Am were very approachable, glad to take pictures, or sign autographs. The wife and daughter got to bowl with Stephanie Johnson, Erin Mccarthy, and Bryanna Coyte. They were all great and it amazed me the amount of time Stephanie Johnson spent talking with her group before they started bowling and that Bryanna Cote spent nearly 30 minutes talking with my daughter after the tournament was over even though I could tell she was completely exhausted. I would also give huge props to Kelly Kulick who qualified number 1 and suffered and injury for staying for the Pro-Am when she could have easily just went home. She didn't bowl but stayed for the entire event and met with the fans and signed autographs.

Neither my wife or my daughter bowled especially well during the tournament but they both had a wonderful time. I enjoyed getting to watch but unfortunately had to sit out the bowling due to my knee injury which I will be seeing a orthopedist about tomorrow.

Briantime
07-05-2016, 01:19 PM
That's cool to hear. There is a WPBA event planned at my local center the first week of August. I am planning on going and it sounds like it will be a good time :-)

billf
07-06-2016, 08:50 AM
The first time I met Shannon Pluhowsky my initial thought was she looks at least 4" taller on TV. Then a couple of years later I saw her get mad when a moron said something stupid while she was out with Megan and their daughter....that's one petite woman I don't want mad at me. She didn't do anything stupid or even say a word but that look was enough. I thought her hair was on fire.

Amyers
07-06-2016, 02:00 PM
The first time I met Shannon Pluhowsky my initial thought was she looks at least 4" taller on TV. Then a couple of years later I saw her get mad when a moron said something stupid while she was out with Megan and their daughter....that's one petite woman I don't want mad at me. She didn't do anything stupid or even say a word but that look was enough. I thought her hair was on fire.

I don't think I would want her or Diana Z angry with me. Lol