PDA

View Full Version : Got my first thumb cut after bowling this week

LOUVIT
07-08-2016, 08:14 PM
It's all coming back to me now, haven't had one in 25 years...lol. right now it's like a cut in the crease where my thumb connects to my palm. I stuck my hand in my ball today and it hurt. guess I have to wait until it heals or get's hard.I was trying to get some loft in the ball this week and that may have caused it.

JaxBowlingGuy
07-08-2016, 09:03 PM
Is the edge of the thumb sharp? May need to put some bevel on it.

ytlas
07-08-2016, 10:03 PM
My first reaction would be to wonder if the span was too long.

When I was a kid my span was always too long so I'd cut or blister the crease. I'd use "cut patch" and keep going. Master skin patch comes with the patches you glue over the cut... and it will burn...

Amyers
07-08-2016, 11:09 PM
A little Robbys skin patch will take care of it temporarily. Long term you should show it to your pro shop. Could be a span/thumb pitch issue or could be your over gripping the ball

LOUVIT
07-09-2016, 10:51 AM
all good answers but I think it's just having a new ball that's drilled correctly and my tender old skin, The ball I was using before was very loose and shorter span. I always had a callas there in the old day's

billf
07-10-2016, 11:15 PM
Sorry but like most of the rest of bowling with fit "the old days" don't matter. Spans are shorter than before, releases are different and any cut is unusual. Have the pro shop or even Bob double check for proper fit for modern bowling.

LOUVIT
07-13-2016, 03:06 PM
bowled again today and it happened again. After bowling I went to the pro shop and had the edge taken off the thumb. Wish they were open before I bowled...lol

ytlas
07-13-2016, 03:39 PM
bowled again today and it happened again. After bowling I went to the pro shop and had the edge taken off the thumb. Wish they were open before I bowled...lol

Some bowlers carry a bearing scraper in their accessory bag to do adjustments as needed. The current price on bearing scrapers seems high, but they last until lost of loaned away

LOUVIT
07-13-2016, 05:04 PM
Some bowlers carry a bearing scraper in their accessory bag to do adjustments as needed. The current price on bearing scrapers seems high, but they last until lost of loaned away

I could have used the sandpaper in my bag, but figured it was a brand new ball....let the pro shop handle it...The league I was bowling was nothing more than a practice senior league so it wasn't important enough. It took 30 seconds and no charge.

Amyers
07-14-2016, 08:56 AM

for minor adjustments a small piece of drywall sanding screen is a must for every bag. it won't make big adjustments but if you need to smooth out and edge it works great.