PDA

View Full Version : Ordering Overseas Balls

JaxBowlingGuy
07-09-2016, 06:10 AM
Anyone have a good source overseas for ordering bowling balls? I know bowlingball.com used to have a selection of Storm international balls, but I don't see any on there anymore. Wanting to pick up the Dark Phaze which is a hybrid version of the pearl ball stateside.

Blomer
07-09-2016, 07:40 PM
Try Rack on Rack Bowling on Facebook.

LyalC52
07-09-2016, 11:11 PM
Marc Arca on FB

he also does raffles

Amyers
07-09-2016, 11:36 PM
Buy a Phaze save $150 other than the color you'll never notice the difference.

JaxBowlingGuy
07-10-2016, 02:19 AM
Buy a Phaze save $150 other than the color you'll never notice the difference.

Had 2 already.

Amyers
07-10-2016, 11:17 AM
Had 2 already.

Why would you wa t a third?

Blomer
07-10-2016, 12:23 PM
Racks on Racks page of Facebook right now someone has posted one for sale. Marc Arca's name is usually mentioned on there for getting thes balls.

LOUVIT
07-10-2016, 01:03 PM
I didn't realize overseas balls were different? are they and why?

bowl1820
07-10-2016, 02:22 PM
I didn't realize overseas balls were different? are they and why?

About the main reason for overseas balls is mostly a combination of marketing, and taking into consideration the different lane conditions and regional bowling styles to make equipment people will want to buy in the other regions.

Like balls with the same core & coverstock we have here, just with different colors and a different name. (You got to watch names, one that is perfectly innocent here can mean something totally different in another country)

Same core slightly different cover, some might use older cores with a newer cover etc.

LOUVIT
07-10-2016, 02:51 PM
About the main reason for overseas balls is mostly a combination of marketing, and taking into consideration the different lane conditions and regional bowling styles to make equipment people will want to buy in the other regions.

Like balls with the same core & coverstock we have here, just with different colors and a different name. (You got to watch names, one that is perfectly innocent here can mean something totally different in another country)

Same core slightly different cover, some might use older cores with a newer cover etc.

So all these guy's bowling on TV from other countries.EX: Jason Belmonte, and that tall left handed kid are using overseas ball's or US ball's. Interesting.....

so sorry I stopped bowling for 25 years (not by choice) so much has changed now I'm 61 and learning all over again.....haha

bowl1820
07-10-2016, 03:06 PM
So all these guy's bowling on TV from other countries.EX: Jason Belmonte, and that tall left handed kid are using overseas ball's or US ball's.

They could be, as long as they meet the rules regarding the use of international balls.

Most international balls are USBC approved, so can be used unless there's a particular rule against their use in a tournament or League.

mc_runner
07-10-2016, 03:07 PM
I would think the bowlers can bowl with whatever balls they have access to depending on their brand sponsor. Ex. Belmonte bowls quite often with a HyRoad.

bowl1820
07-10-2016, 03:16 PM
I would think the bowlers can bowl with whatever balls they have access to depending on their brand sponsor. Ex. Belmonte bowls quite often with a HyRoad.

The PBA has this rule regarding the use of international balls

Use of International Bowling Balls.
International bowling balls are defined as bowling balls that are not available for purchase within the United States and may be used in designated PBA events provided that:

a. The bowling ball was manufactured by a PBA registered company and has an equivalent
bowling ball available within the United States.

b. The bowler has received written approval prior to using any international bowling ball in PBA
competition.

JaxBowlingGuy
07-10-2016, 03:42 PM
Storms "international" balls seem to be in the Asian market. The others have the US balls from what I have seen with trying to find this one.

Blomer
07-10-2016, 06:28 PM
So all these guy's bowling on TV from other countries.EX: Jason Belmonte, and that tall left handed kid are using overseas ball's or US ball's. Interesting.....

so sorry I stopped bowling for 25 years (not by choice) so much has changed now I'm 61 and learning all over again.....haha

I'm assuming, and you know what they say about assuming, that the big time, well known bowlers probably use the balls released here in the states. I would think the major companies such as Storm, Brunswick, etc would want the, to use these balls to help promote and sell them. I don't know if certain tournaments you can't use these over seas balls or not.

I also think that part of the craze for those who like the over seas balls is the rarity. "Oh look he has the..... Ball from Japan!" Or when asked about the ball they can say how it was made for over seas play. Just my two cents!

Blomer
07-10-2016, 06:30 PM
Storms "international" balls seem to be in the Asian market. The others have the US balls from what I have seen with trying to find this one.

I'm telling you I have seen this ball for sale multiple times on that FB page. If you haven't, check it out.

JaxBowlingGuy
07-10-2016, 08:41 PM
Try Rack on Rack Bowling on Facebook.

Pending my join request now

billf
07-10-2016, 10:44 PM
Marc Arca is the best contact for any overseas releases.

bowl1820
07-10-2016, 11:55 PM
Marc Arca is the best contact for any overseas releases.

He's mentioned on several of the forums when someone is looking for overseas balls.

On Facebook Check International Brand Bowling at https://www.facebook.com/ibbowling

also
http://www.ibbowling.info

You can also find him ballreviews.com as REmarcaBOWL

Email:

remarcabowl@ibbowling.info

Amyers
07-11-2016, 11:50 AM
They could be, as long as they meet the rules regarding the use of international balls.

Most international balls are USBC approved, so can be used unless there's a particular rule against their use in a tournament or League.

Most PBA bowlers have sponsors though so at least on the TV show you won't really see them throwing things other than currently available releases in our country.

larry mc
07-14-2016, 02:32 PM
as others have said Marc Arca at International brand bowling on face book is the way to go ,,,, 100 percent reliable and a great guy

JaxBowlingGuy
07-14-2016, 03:58 PM
I contacted him and can't justify the price to "try" that ball. Back when bowlingball used to carry some of the storm overseas balls they were comparably priced to the US counterpart. Can't see paying 2x the price for a ball with slight differences that I could make up with changing what I currently have.

Blomer
07-19-2016, 07:00 PM
Yeah someone was posting a Dark Phaze for $300. The you have to get it drilled. So let's say $350 for a bowling ball.
Yikes.

JaxBowlingGuy
07-19-2016, 09:59 PM
Now I'm not saying I haven't spent that on one lol, but it was a ball that hadn't been out for a couple years and wanted another before they totally dried up. That ball actually turned to my "go to" ball that I still use. But with this one in particular (dark Phaze) chances are high there will be a US release soon of a comparable one.

Stormed1
07-21-2016, 08:27 AM
I remember years ago on another forum that the head of Roto Grip commented you that the Asian market wants a new ball every 45 days. He mentioned. That many of the Cells for overseas consumption were basically the same ball. Just with different colors and names.