PDA

View Full Version : MOTIV Forza GT - My New Benchmark Ball!

Mappa
07-13-2016, 03:48 PM
I was a big fan of the original smooth rolling MOTIV Forza, so I was excited to see that the new Forza GT was coming out with the same core, and a new Hybrid Cover. My hope was that the Forza GT would be right in the middle of my arsenal, and after throwing it for a while under a variety of conditions – that’s exactly what I got: My new benchmark ball! On average length fresh oil patterns I find that the GT has just the right amount of traction to deliver perfect continuation through the pins.

Here is a link to the ball reaction video that I did which compares the Forza GT to the MOTIV Freestyle, Venom Cobra, Paranoia, Revolt Havoc & the Primal Rage Remix on Kegel’s Bourbon Street Pattern:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeTHEkFg-BM

On fresh sport patterns (in the 38 to 42 foot range) is where the GT shines the most for me. It is smooth and easy to read and gives me a real accurate sense of what the lane is offering me that day. Plus, since it’s right in the middle of my line-up, I am able to easily transition to another ball that might have have a little more back-end, or pick up a bit earlier. I’ve also experimented and found that the GT really takes to surface adjustments very well to really fine tune the shape. If you’ve been waiting for a dependable, benchmark performer, I’d say that the Forza GT is it!

--Kevin Gallagher—
MOTIV Staff
PBA Member