PDA

View Full Version : Need a step down ball

bigbaby987
07-14-2016, 07:16 PM
I currently have the Grudge, Thug Life, BWLE and Rocket. I'm looking for a ball that's a step down to the Grudge, but a step up to the Thug Life. I've narrowed it down to the Ultimate Nirvana and the Grudge Hybrid. Any suggestions between the 2?

Thanks!

billf
07-15-2016, 09:07 AM
I've heard more good comments about the Grudge Hybrid than the Ultimate Nirvana. Nothing first hand though.

bowl1820
07-15-2016, 09:19 AM
I've heard more good comments about the Grudge Hybrid than the Ultimate Nirvana. Nothing first hand though.

DV8 Grudge Hybrid Ball Review by Lane Side Reviews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhyrf28k7AU

RobLV1
07-15-2016, 11:39 AM
I currently have the Grudge, Thug Life, BWLE and Rocket. I'm looking for a ball that's a step down to the Grudge, but a step up to the Thug Life. I've narrowed it down to the Ultimate Nirvana and the Grudge Hybrid. Any suggestions between the 2?

Thanks!

Both the Grudge and the Thug Life have low RG, asymmetrical cores, with high Differentials. The difference between them is the cover material and surface: 500/1000 solid vs. polished pearl. The Grudge Hybrid is another of the same with a hybrid cover, and the Ultimate Nirvana is even earlier with another hybrid cover. Your Rocket is a medium RG hybrid, and I'm not familiar with the BWLE. Why not consider something with a low rg Symmetrical core? The original IQ Tour solid comes to mind.

Amyers
07-15-2016, 01:26 PM
Maybe the better decision would be to add some surface to the thug life try it at 3k or 4K and serif that positions it more to where you want it