PDA

View Full Version : High Game & Series of the Season

ThongPrincess
02-10-2009, 01:37 AM
I am so excited. I haven't bowled well in this league aside from maybe one week and a good game here and there. I was at a 156 average in the league.

Game 1 I tried using the new release, but the lanes were not right for it. The ball was not recovering. About the 5th frame or so I went to my usual release and pulled out a 152 game. Game 2 I continued with the release and hit into a big 4 in the 10th finishing with a 200.

Game 3 I opened with a strike, 9 spare, 8 spare, split open for a 65 in the 4th. I made a very minor adjustment and strung the next 8 strikes for a 245 game and a 597 series. I even got a hug from one of my teammates and an "awesome bowling" form the other.

Sorry if it sounds like bragging, I am just so happy after the way the season started:D The change in attitude and focus are definitely paying off. I can't wait to see my Cookie Coach Wednesday!

wuphat
02-10-2009, 02:53 AM
that was similar to my first week of bowling for my winter session.

I ended fall session with a 176 avg, then we had 2 weeks off. My 1st game back, I couldn't find anything and threw a 142 (yuck). Then I adjusted and came back with a 220 and fisished with a 252 for a 614 night.

Since then, I'm averaging 188 after 5 weeks. Hopefully, I can keep it up. I feel like I've turned a corner

Iceman
02-10-2009, 02:47 PM
I am so excited. I haven't bowled well in this league aside from maybe one week and a good game here and there. I was at a 156 average in the league.

Game 1 I tried using the new release, but the lanes were not right for it. The ball was not recovering. About the 5th frame or so I went to my usual release and pulled out a 152 game. Game 2 I continued with the release and hit into a big 4 in the 10th finishing with a 200.

Game 3 I opened with a strike, 9 spare, 8 spare, split open for a 65 in the 4th. I made a very minor adjustment and strung the next 8 strikes for a 245 game and a 597 series. I even got a hug from one of my teammates and an "awesome bowling" form the other.

Sorry if it sounds like bragging, I am just so happy after the way the season started:D The change in attitude and focus are definitely paying off. I can't wait to see my Cookie Coach Wednesday!

Congrats, not bragging at all. It's always great to hear when everyone reaches down and pulls out great games!!!!!

TN_Valley
02-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Mine for the season to this point is a 752, 290. The 290 was without practice. I've got 2 small kids, so I always get to league late. Walk in the door, put on my shoes, pick up the ball, leave 3, 6, 10, spare it, strike out. I think I finished with a 720 that night. I hadn't figured out how/which way to move during the transition. People on the other team wanted to quit after I did that. I'm probably not gonna be able to do stuff like that forever, but I'm only 27.

ThongPrincess
02-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Congrats, not bragging at all. It's always great to hear when everyone reaches down and pulls out great games!!!!!

Thank you! I can't wait for Wednesday :)

ArtVandelay
02-10-2009, 08:54 PM
GREAT scores. I'd be happy with a series like that! Can't complain at all. I've been doing the opposite lately... Great 1st and 2nd games, but then the "talent juice" (as we call it), kicks in and kills me. hahaha. I've lined myself up pretty well for a couple of 600 series, but it always seems to fall apart in the 3rd game.

nickcuban
02-13-2009, 10:11 AM
I bowled my highest game of 246 last night! 1st, 7th (I think), and top of the 10th frame were 8/... the rest strikes.