PDA

View Full Version : The importance of knowing each ball in the bag

Jessiewoodard57
08-01-2016, 12:21 PM
A few nights ago at 530 pm we headed out to the bowling center to bowl 3 games. Knowing there was a league due at 7pm and that they would be oiling by 430pm. I Loaded up my Phase, Sinister,2fast and my Joyride. On "normal" oil conditions (where they actually did oil that afternoon) I would pull and use them in that order, Phase, Sinister,2fast and finally my Joyride. Well the lanes where not oiled so I started with my Sinister and over the course of the next 2.5 games I went through the line up of balls. I had a horrible time staying left of the head pin! 5th frame of the last game I decided what can I lose? So I pulled out my Phase and thought I hope I can keep this out of the left channel ( I was starting at the left channel by then). I threw the last 5 frames all pocket strikes with the very last 2 balls in the tenth a 7,10 split leaving the 7. I did not bother to use the ball I thought would have me in the gutter all night and bowled a lousy 2.5 games. Moral of the story know what each ball will do. Since new I have used my Phase in maybe 5 games in the past 6 months....that will change!

RobLV1
08-01-2016, 02:49 PM
Don't be too quick to change! It's important to know why your Phase worked this time: the lanes had not been oil, so you got so far left that less aggressive balls (longer) would not hook soon enough to make it back to the pocket. Just because it worked in this one instance, does not mean that your "usual progression" is wrong. It was just wrong this one time.

ep1977
08-01-2016, 02:52 PM
The Phaze is a great ball!

Jessiewoodard57
08-01-2016, 03:55 PM
Don't be too quick to change! It's important to know why your Phase worked this time: the lanes had not been oil, so you got so far left that less aggressive balls (longer) would not hook soon enough to make it back to the pocket. Just because it worked in this one instance, does not mean that your "usual progression" is wrong. It was just wrong this one time.

Rob that what I meant next time I won't discount the Phase I'll start with it as normal and adjust for the shot

1VegasBowler
08-05-2016, 01:25 AM
I now start with the Ultimate Nirvana, and when it becomes too much I switch to my Vandal. If the Vandal is too much I go to the Vintage Danger Zone.