PDA

View Full Version : I finally received the Storm I won

LOUVIT
08-02-2016, 10:56 AM
Turns out that UPS couldn't find my Condo. it was returned to Storm and they sent it priority mail and I got it in 2 days. it was in a box that was in a box that was in a box...lolhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/louvit/storm_zps5k65wtom.jpg

got_a_300
08-02-2016, 12:36 PM
Glad you finally received it now get it drilled up and bowl that 300 game
and that elusive 800 series with it. :cool:

LOUVIT
08-02-2016, 12:50 PM
Glad you finally received it now get it drilled up and bowl that 300 game
and that elusive 800 series with it. :cool:

I'll be happy stringing a couple of 200's back to back. I hope I have the energy to get it out on the lane. Everyone tells me this ball will hook a lot more than my Track Heat. I'll have it drilled on Saturday want to get opinions on how it should be drilled. My Track is drilled pin up over the ring finger, someone said to do pin up but right of my ring finger. I'm still new at this drilling stuff. If anything it's a great looking ball...lol
at 12mph it's going to be hard, maybe I should have tried 14# instead of 15.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/louvit/balls_zpsrrkxw2ui.jpg

JaxBowlingGuy
08-02-2016, 02:21 PM
So it was your fault for living there all along lol jkjk

Enjoy it in all its smelly goodness

LOUVIT
08-02-2016, 02:43 PM
So it was your fault for living there all along lol jkjk

Enjoy it in all its smelly goodness

O for sure my fault, funny the post office found it but not UPS...

PS it smells like a cream cycle....lol

I have to thank the Admin for really looking into this and getting to the bottom of the problem! I sent them PM's and they answered within minutes and got it done!

vdubtx
08-02-2016, 02:56 PM
I would leave the layout question for your PSO.

Not knowing how you throw, any of us could just throw a dart at the board and go from there. :)

Assuming you are lower revs, maybe a pin above bridge?

LOUVIT
08-02-2016, 03:28 PM
My PSO doesn't know me well. He will follow the drill on my Track. My coach is tampabaybob, he knows the drill...lol..The drill on the track works well but the Phaze is twice the ball

my revs aren't bad but my speed is 12mph so I've heard

Tampabaybob
08-02-2016, 06:36 PM
Lou, turn the black Storm box around facing the camera that shows the pin distance and top weight and load that up to the site. Just looked at the Phase drilling instructions and I'm sort of going with this one with the Mass bias (MC2 - B). It's a stronger layout with more length. With your slower speed you really don't want a ball that'll hook up (go into a
roll ) too early. Should it be more aggressive than your Track ? I'd say it should, but we'll have to see. Here's the drilling specs.

Storm Master Drilling Layout 1
Layout 1

With this layout, we place the pin 5-3/4" from the PAP, above the finger holes, to produce length on drier conditions
Next we select a mass bias, MC2, position suitable for our desired breakpoint shape. (A) Mass Bias in the Ball Track - designed to produce a late and smooth breakpoint. (B) Mass Bias in the Strong Position - this will produce an earlier and sharper breakpoint than Position A. - Good for extreme entry angle! (C) Mass Bias on the Perpendicular Axis Line (PAL) - produces the earliest breakpoint of the three positions while providing a controllable and "readable" backend. - Works great on heavy oil patterns!
Be sure to check for excess side weight and finger/thumb weight, as a balance hole may be necessary for any of these layouts. If one is required, draw a line from the center of the grip through the CG and extend to the PAL. This will be the location of the balance hole.

Jaescrub
08-02-2016, 07:03 PM
Happy you got it a win for the members is a win for us all ;)

bowl1820
08-02-2016, 07:21 PM
Turns out that UPS couldn't find my Condo. it was returned to Storm and they sent it priority mail and I got it in 2 days. it was in a box that was in a box that was in a box...lol

Great that you got your ball!

Bradski9 had a similar problem with his prize, UPS delivered it to the wrong address (UPS changed his address from street to avenue) and the homeowner had it sitting in his living room for a month without contacting anybody. But he tracked it down and got it after 8 weeks.

LyalC52
08-02-2016, 11:30 PM
the Phase I won last week arrived today

my daughter is very excited

Amyers
08-02-2016, 11:58 PM
Watch the drill on the Phase. A lot of people got them here when they first came out and put normal drills on them. That ball wants to hook early and roll out. Most of the later ones have been drilled for max length with lower flaring layouts and the ball looks much better. I win one in a contest and traded it. Early rolling with a tendency to roll out doesn't work well with low speed.