PDA

View Full Version : Local bowling center sold to billionaire

foreverincamo
08-02-2016, 09:16 PM
Have a billionaire who is buying up all the split houses. His goal is to own 20 such places. I forget how many lanes this one has, perhaps 60 to 64. He wants to put all leagues and tournaments on one side and make the other side a " fun center " with lunar bowling and rock-wall climbing.
Mixed feelings about this plan. On one side it's good to hear it's still going to be open, but I'll guarantee the prices change. They run all kinds of specials in the summer to get you in there. I'm betting this guy will want to make money all the time.

JaxBowlingGuy
08-02-2016, 10:32 PM
The big split house in Orlando is like that. The small side is cosmic bowling and the big side is the league and tournament side. You can tell the difference when you bowl big tournaments that use both sides like I shot weekend before last

NewToBowling
08-03-2016, 10:19 AM
It may end up being the best of both worlds. You get additional revenue from open house and alcohol/food sales and still keep a thriving center for leagues. Since they are on opposite sides neither groups really cross paths.

fordman1
08-03-2016, 11:23 AM
If the new owner actually treats league bowlers like they should be treated that would be great. Make sure the lanes are clean and oiled before league play. Make sure employees know how to do everything they are supposed to. If you are a mechanic fix the machines correctly. Make sure that the mechanic gets the parts he needs in a timely manner.
Where I bowl they put in new carpet, replaced the lanes, bought new 42' scorer and are cleaning out Taylor lanes for the lanes and machines. They are also getting the wooden approaches to be installed next year. They will have about 30 years less resurfacing than the current ones.
If they do everything on the cheap bowlers will notice and go else where.

foreverincamo
08-03-2016, 08:31 PM
The new owner said he's not making any changes until next year. He doesn't get possession until October, and he doesn't want to drive away anyone that's established. The place is rather dated and stale. Hopefully whatever he does, it goes well.