PDA

View Full Version : Haywire has staying power

NewToBowling
08-08-2016, 12:09 AM
Just watched a few Weber Cup videos and noticed a few bowlers still using the almost a year old Roto Grip Haywire. I'm sure the ball mfgs urge them to use more current balls (Snap Lock, No Rules, etc) to boost sales but it's a good sign that the Haywire is still a very popular ball.

Heck even on the women's tour I see a lot of the Haywire

JaxBowlingGuy
08-08-2016, 12:14 AM
Still has some catching up to do on the 8 year old Hy-Road lol

NewToBowling
08-08-2016, 12:40 PM
Agreed Hy-Road is the standard but it just seems on the pro tour they are always using the latest and greatest (for good reason, especially from ball mfgs point of view). Nice to have some "older" balls (yeah, Haywire is around 10 months old but in bowling ball years that is a lifetime.

Blomer
08-10-2016, 10:58 PM
Having issues with mine. Not moving like it used to. Talked to the PSO and he's going to try to bake it and perhaps resurface it close to out of box condition. Hope it works, love the ball.

mc_runner
08-11-2016, 08:16 AM
Yeah I noticed the surface did tend to die out some, and fairly quickly (not super surprising for a dull ball). Even after hitting with abralon from 500 up to 2000 a few times it isn't quite OOB... happens! To be honest I really like the motion it has now, more usable on the fresh shot for my line.

The ball was a monster OOB - not surprised to see it still being used regularly