PDA

View Full Version : fouls

LOUVIT
08-10-2016, 01:51 PM
I was watching the US woman's open and Liz Johnson was said to have fouled on a strike in the 10th by the line judge. My question is why a line judge and no fouls lights?

1VegasBowler
08-10-2016, 02:24 PM
I was watching the US woman's open and Liz Johnson was said to have fouled on a strike in the 10th by the line judge. My question is why a line judge and no fouls lights?

There are times when the foul lights might not be working properly OR they turn them off and use only a line judge.

foreverincamo
08-14-2016, 12:03 AM
If memory serves, there was a PBA TV match where a bowler fouled more than once, but the light never activated. The rule then was if the light didn't go off, it wasn't a foul. That rule was changed after that season and they've used a foul line judge ever since.

foreverincamo
08-14-2016, 05:51 PM
Just to add, I was bowling on lane 1 in my league last week. I stuck at the line, hopped over the line and the gutter and ended up all the way down by the arrows by the time I stopped. Thankfully there's a walkway next to lane 1 to get back to the pin setters. It was an awesome foul, and I picked up the spare. Didn't count of course, but I didn't get hurt.