PDA

View Full Version : How many of you keep your bowling ball boxes?

NewToBowling
08-15-2016, 09:43 AM
I know in the photography industry boxes are kind of a big deal because people do like to trade/sell their photography gear and it will fetch a slightly bigger price if you have box in hand.

Of course bowling balls don't hold nearly the same value once a ball has been drilled so there isn't much trade/selling. Just wondering how many of you still hold onto your bowling ball boxes?

I do just out of habit. I believe I have most of the boxes, may be missing only one or two.

AlexNC
08-15-2016, 09:50 AM
I like to hang on to them in the event i want to sell/ship something. They are also nice when I have to move equipment that isn't currently on a bag or shelf. I do photography as well but seem to keep my stuff so long that the original box doesn't have much use (I am still using my Nikon D300-pretty old and still going strong). There are several groups on Facebook for trading/selling bowling balls, and while there is a much stronger market for NIB, there is still a lot of used stuff sold and traded.

JaxBowlingGuy
08-15-2016, 09:55 AM
I keep nearly all of them. Some of which still have new balls in them lol

bowl1820
08-15-2016, 10:14 AM
I keep most of them, good to store old balls or whatever in.

NewToBowling
08-15-2016, 10:15 AM
I was totally expecting different responses. Good to hear people keeping their boxes

NewToBowling
08-15-2016, 10:16 AM
I like to hang on to them in the event i want to sell/ship something. They are also nice when I have to move equipment that isn't currently on a bag or shelf. I do photography as well but seem to keep my stuff so long that the original box doesn't have much use (I am still using my Nikon D300-pretty old and still going strong). There are several groups on Facebook for trading/selling bowling balls, and while there is a much stronger market for NIB, there is still a lot of used stuff sold and traded.

I'm still sporting the Nikon D700. But want to upgrade as I do want video with my camera now. I'm using Panasonic GH2 for video

ep1977
08-15-2016, 10:42 AM
I don't have any of the boxes. When I pick the ball up from my PSO I just put it into my bag.

bowl1820
08-15-2016, 10:58 AM
I don't have any of the boxes. When I pick the ball up from my PSO I just put it into my bag.

I always ask for the box the ball came in, mainly because it has info on it. Like the starting gross weight, top weight etc. Plus if you don't have room in the bag right then, it helps keep the ball from rolling around in the car.

Also you can put the boxes in your bag to reinforce it, if you are taking them on a airplane.

ep1977
08-15-2016, 11:02 AM
I always ask for the box the ball came in, mainly because it has info on it. Like the starting gross weight, top weight etc. Plus if you don't have room in the bag right then, it helps keep the ball from rolling around in the car.

You're correct about the information on the box. I take a picture of it on my phone. I show up with a spot open in the bag for the ball I'm picking up but if I didn't have a spot I would take the box to hold the ball in especially in the car.

mc_runner
08-15-2016, 02:00 PM
I keep it because I forget about the stats of the ball, like bowl said. I started after I got one ball that was a 15 but ran very "heavy" and felt more like a 16. Didn't have the box and no way of checking how much it started at.

Once I retire a ball there's no real need to keep the box, though.

ytlas
08-15-2016, 02:45 PM
I'd get an empty four ball case from a pro shop, then put in four ball boxes with balls in the trunk of my car or storage area of my minivan along with my bowling bag(s). Inexpensive way to carry extra balls.

Chamiso
08-15-2016, 02:49 PM
I typically don't remember to ask for the box back after drilling since I always have room in my bag when I get one. I do have a couple of boxes though.

Sche3067
08-17-2016, 01:15 PM
i tend to keep the boxes after they get drilled. Some pro shops give me a free resurface so i like to keep the receipt in there and store it in my closet

2handedsniper
09-01-2016, 02:21 AM
I keep about half , There is not enough room for all of them in my small place