PDA

View Full Version : Question about Brunswick Vintage line

Edy13
08-26-2016, 01:15 PM
I'm curious if the Brunswick Vintage line of balls is limited in production. Do they (re)retire them eventually?
I really like the look of the Rhino Pro. I'm not sure if I need to grab one now or if they will still be available in a year or two.

Thanks...

Amyers
08-26-2016, 01:19 PM
So far they've kept them all in production but my guess would be the first one to go would be the Rhino Pro as it's sales seem to be lower than the others from what I've heard and the pricing. The Pro is a good ball but it tends to be a little over under without a surface change. If you're looking for that sort of reaction I think you would probably be happier with the Radical Ridiculous original or pearl. Everyone that I know that's drilled those two love it.

RobLV1
08-26-2016, 05:09 PM
The Rhino Pro is the entry level replacement for the Strike King series and, as such, will not be going away any time soon. The big problem with the line is that it is not being marketed as entry level, but it is. Sorry Ameyers, but comparing the Rhino Pro and the Radical Ridiculous is like talking about a bicycle and a Harley.

AlexNC
08-26-2016, 05:59 PM
The new Rhino and the Rhino Pro aren't the same ball, which may be leading to some confusion.

foreverincamo
08-26-2016, 11:25 PM
Yeah, big difference in the new " Rhino " and the Gold Vintage Rhino Pro. I have the Vintage and it's simply awesome.

foreverincamo
08-26-2016, 11:27 PM
It's available for under $100 online. The Vintage that is.

1VegasBowler
08-27-2016, 02:10 AM
The Vintage Danger Zone is a darn good ball with a good price tag, and has a lot of good energy as well. I also think that it's one of the better symmetrical balls out here that is very versatile.

Amyers
08-27-2016, 12:44 PM
The Rhino Pro is the entry level replacement for the Strike King series and, as such, will not be going away any time soon. The big problem with the line is that it is not being marketed as entry level, but it is. Sorry Ameyers, but comparing the Rhino Pro and the Radical Ridiculous is like talking about a bicycle and a Harley.

Rob the Rhnio is the replacement for the strike King. The vintage rhino pro brought out about 2 years ago is the ball referenced here. Big difference between the balls.

Amyers
08-27-2016, 12:46 PM
The Vintage Danger Zone is a darn good ball with a good price tag, and has a lot of good energy as well. I also think that it's one of the better symmetrical balls out here that is very versatile.

Vegas I know how much you love your Danger Zone. Take a look at the fanatic if you want that same type motion with just a little less aggressiveness. Just drilled one up its the perfect complement to the danger zone.

1VegasBowler
08-27-2016, 02:50 PM
Vegas I know how much you love your Danger Zone. Take a look at the fanatic if you want that same type motion with just a little less aggressiveness. Just drilled one up its the perfect complement to the danger zone.

I actually like the Fanatic. But, when given the choice of that or the BTU, the BTU is a better fit for me.

Trust me, if I could get the Fanatic, the Grudge Hybrid and the Vandal Smash, I'd get all of them! lol

I've purchased 3 balls this year already, 2 in a months time, and to go for more would be the ultimate suicide mission! lol

Truth is, if a new bowler is looking at getting some darn good equipment, they could get the Fanatic and the Fanatic BTU, and they would have a complete arsenal.

Edy13
08-29-2016, 03:10 PM
Great info, thanks...