PDA

View Full Version : Notebook or the like

AlexNC
08-28-2016, 08:57 PM
I've had a few coaching sessions and clinics this summer that were pretty helpful and I've been able to work through some corrections to my form as result. Sometimes it seems you can pick something up in a session - but still have a tendency to have an issue return later. Or, you are working on something in a practice session and all of a sudden the lightbulb goes off and you figure out a way to correct the issue on your own.

Either way, I was curious if anyone keeps a notebook with corrections, fixes, reminders etc that help you with your game. I know a lot of us use pinpal and other software for recording various stats and what not, but I have been considering a notebook so that perhaps I don't forget what I did to correct something, or a note of something that worked really well.

JaxBowlingGuy
08-28-2016, 09:18 PM
Not really anything for long term, but when I go to larger tournaments I have a book to keep track of frame by frame, lane, line, ball, game number (multiple squads) and things like that. It has came in handy for multi day tournaments where chances are you'll end up on the same pair sometime throughout the tournament.

foreverincamo
08-28-2016, 09:55 PM
I should write things down but I don't. I do a lot of self-video work and use that to watch my form, timing, and release.

ChuckR
08-29-2016, 12:26 AM
Ever since I came back 7 years ago, I have kept a small notebook on suggestions I find on the internet. I also keep data from some I bowl with. I also keep a sometimes record of adjustments I make during practice. I carry a Mastermind Genius, Melee Hook and RotoGrip UpRoar. I practice 6 games, 2 each ball, and as I
make changes from one to the other I make comments on balls vs lane conditions vs finger positions. The book is not that big as I don't write everything, only where I
feel a change worked the best. The book is better than my memory.

billf
08-29-2016, 01:00 PM
With each new client I give them a one subject notebook with tabs already installed. Physical game, mental game, lane play, arsenal and general. I also give everyone a spare conversion chart that seems to work for everyone but me. I encourage note taking during practice, lessons and even competition. I can recall several times seeing Norm Duke take notes from his back pocket to line up for spares. The less we have to think on the lanes usually translates to better performance.