PDA

View Full Version : How clean and well maintained are your alley's ball returns and back pit?

NewToBowling
08-30-2016, 10:00 AM
Judging from my ball I think our place maintains the pit and ball return pretty well.

I just got my Snap Lock a few weeks ago and have bowled exclusively at my home alley. Been using the Summer Pass so it's gotten heavy use. I know it's only been two weeks but no scratches our gouges on the ball (knock on wood). It literally looks brand new.

I have other balls that are the same but when I go to any other alley more time then not I'll end up with some marking, scuffing, or scratches.

panbanger
08-30-2016, 01:46 PM
Terrible. they bumped up lineage fees a buck this season, hopefully they'll clean their equipment now.

manke
08-30-2016, 03:46 PM
If all they go up is a dollar that's not bad. They need to make a living too otherwise there won't be any houses left.

panbanger
08-30-2016, 05:39 PM
That's true, especially the house I bowl at which is 64 lanes and its not one of those "family fun centers" that so many places have become. It's got to cost an arm and a leg just to pay the electric bill, especially in the summer.

billf
08-31-2016, 08:15 AM
The electric bill for our 12 lane house averages just over $1,000.00 a month. The heat gets turned down in the winter and the A/C gets turned up in the summer for hours we are closed. In comparison my house electric bill through the same company is $84 a month. The average rate of pay in this county is $12.87/hr

New ball returns and lanes so obviously very clean thus far. We also have a person who comes in at night just to clean including the approaches and ball returns.

manke
08-31-2016, 08:26 AM
Exactly if people complain about a dollar or two a week maybe they need to find a new hobby!

foreverincamo
08-31-2016, 04:30 PM
Where I league bowl, it's not very clean. It's nothing to get a sticky black glob of who-knows-what on your ball after a shot. Rarely any nicks or scratches but I go through enough cleaner after a set there.