PDA

View Full Version : Unique marketing from EBI

NewToBowling
08-30-2016, 10:53 AM
Their new Mission Unknown ball will come in 3 colors: Black, Gold, or Red. If you get a gold one (<1%) they will refund your purchase and Jason Couch personally calls you to chat about bowling. Let's hope you're not a 2 hander otherwise he'll spend the whole time berating you :)

AlexNC
08-30-2016, 12:06 PM
The whole concept makes me want one.

JasonNJ
08-30-2016, 12:07 PM
I admit I'm tempted to get one too just to see if I can get the gold one.

AlexNC
08-30-2016, 12:08 PM
It should be an upcoming BB giveaway...with the requirement of the winner having to post a video of the box opening.

NewToBowling
08-30-2016, 12:22 PM
It should be an upcoming BB giveaway...with the requirement of the winner having to post a video of the box opening.

Wearing only a speedo :)...will make you really think whether you want the ball or not

manke
08-30-2016, 03:48 PM
I thought you got a black one at no cost.

billf
08-31-2016, 08:17 AM
The ball must suck to have such a strange marketing strategy. R&D too expensive to back out?

Amyers
08-31-2016, 09:49 AM
The ball must suck to have such a strange marketing strategy. R&D too expensive to back out?

Idk there are threads like this one on almost every bowling site I've looked at. At the very least it has grabbed attention for a brand most people have forgotten exists. Honestly I've thought all of the older stuff of theirs I've seen sucked but the warrior's and Game Breakers have been descent at least.

NewToBowling
08-31-2016, 11:43 AM
Idk there are threads like this one on almost every bowling site I've looked at. At the very least it has grabbed attention for a brand most people have forgotten exists. Honestly I've thought all of the older stuff of theirs I've seen sucked but the warrior's and Game Breakers have been descent at least.

To me it's because of the name Ebonite. That word just sounds weird.

Hammer, Roto Grip, Storm. Sure, those sound cool

Jaescrub
08-31-2016, 03:18 PM
Still named after the rubber used for older balls. It dose give it a older sound. A buddy of mine had an old Illusion that ball did well for him as a lefty