08-31-2016, 02:26 AM
hopes to bowl 550s so I am in range for a PBA card around Christmas

ep1977
08-31-2016, 06:54 AM
For a PBA card you need to average over 200. You need 600's

NewToBowling
08-31-2016, 11:46 AM
Plus getting a PBA card isn't the be-all end-all. Very few people make money as a PBA pro.

You're probably better off "manipulating" your average and enter local regional handicap tournaments. Some good money to be made there if you play it right.

JaxBowlingGuy
08-31-2016, 12:33 PM
Maybe he meant pba themed Christmas card lol

panbanger
08-31-2016, 01:35 PM
If i ever get one it will stand for Peanut Butter Aficionado

fortheloveofbowling
08-31-2016, 01:47 PM

Is this guy for real or just some jokester trying to waste some time. I read his posts and wonder many things.....

classygranny
08-31-2016, 03:20 PM
Is this guy for real or just some jokester trying to waste some time. I read his posts and wonder many things.....

Glad I'm not alone in this boat. I have so little time sometimes, I have certainly wondered why I even open and read some posts.

chrono00
08-31-2016, 03:25 PM

I'd guess delusional before joker

1VegasBowler
08-31-2016, 03:34 PM
Here are the requirements in order to get a PBA Membership (Courtesy of PBA.com):

OFFICIAL MEMBERSHIP GUIDE & RULEBOOK

August 1, 2014
2.2 Average Criteria for Membership. Competitive membership in the PBA is open to any bowler
who meets the following criteria:

2.2.1 - Average 200. Possess at least a two hundred (200) average for a minimum of thirty-six (36) games in any USBC certified league or tournament club within the previous twelve months.

2.2.2 - Average 190. Possess at least a one hundred and ninety (190) average for a minimum of thirty-six (36) games in an USBC certified Sport Bowling League within the previous twelve months.

2.2.3 - Cash in a PBA Tournament. In lieu of the average requirement, an applicant may qualify for competitive membership by cashing in one (1) PBA tournament of any kind within the last two (2) years.

Fortheloveofbowling said something that I totally agree with - "Is this guy for real or just some jokester trying to waste some time. I read his posts and wonder many things....."

If you think that just being a 600 bowler is going to cut it, you are out of your mind. You need to be looking at the mid 700's on a daily basis to even endure the qualifying rounds!

And lets not forget the oil patterns. Most of them are downright brutal! I just finished on 3 of the easier patters for 14 weeks and it was no joke!

Dreaming is one thing. But you're in a total fantasy land.

fokai73
08-31-2016, 03:37 PM
I WARNED YOU ALL ABOUT THIS GUY.... but my post got deleted by the mods.... so have fun getting fooled....

JaxBowlingGuy
08-31-2016, 03:47 PM
I WARNED YOU ALL ABOUT THIS GUY.... but my post got deleted by the mods.... so have fun getting fooled....

We knew when he registered. We had been advised to allow him an opportunity first.

ep1977
08-31-2016, 04:19 PM
If you think that just being a 600 bowler is going to cut it, you are out of your mind.

That's all it takes to get the card!!!! You have the average and you pay the $15/month and you get a card.

manke
08-31-2016, 04:31 PM
How much does it cost to enter each tournament for the pros?

2handedsniper
08-31-2016, 05:10 PM
is not delusional and is going to upload videos of me bowling

Timmyb
08-31-2016, 05:20 PM

Last I looked, it was a couple hundred. I think it may depend on the tournament.

Timmyb
08-31-2016, 05:22 PM

You can upload all the video you wish, 550 is NOT getting you in the PBA. I was 203 last year, and intelligent enough to know I wouldn't last one minute with them.

1VegasBowler
08-31-2016, 05:24 PM

FIRST, you have to be a member. $144/yr or $15/mo for Standard Membership. $300/yr or $28/mo for a Full Membership.

Regional Tour entrance fees start at $235 for members. Non Members pay $285.

Regular Tour runs around $500. WSOB is $1000.

Don't forget that you have to get there. PLUS, you have to pay to sleep somewhere. And let's not forget that you have to eat once in a while as well.

For every event you go to, you have to figure on spending a minimum of $1500. And unless you are either rich, or finish in the top 10 every time you participate, you are gong to go broke in a hurry. Most pros have to have a second job because they can't make enough money on tour!

1VegasBowler
08-31-2016, 05:37 PM

You are delusional! 550 series? Really?? A 183 average is not even close to where you need to be!

Don't waste your time posting videos of yourself here. There is nothing special about somebody with a 183 average! You are now the Official Joke of these boards!

You'll go into a tournament and the pros will look at you and laugh, and then have fun about how you're dead money! Know what that is? If you don't, then look it up.

Pros prey on bowlers like you who are delusional about the comparative skills and will take your money from you each and every time.

IF you are so good, why aren't you trying your hand at any PBA Regional Events? If you are, why aren't you winning hot shot?

You have ZERO sense of reality, and I can't wait to see you go broke thinking that averaging 183 is going to cut the mustard! I'm going to LMAO watching this!!

1VegasBowler
08-31-2016, 05:39 PM
You can upload all the video you wish, 550 is NOT getting you in the PBA. I was 203 last year, and intelligent enough to know I wouldn't last one minute with them.

This is what us normal people call common sense! lol

fortheloveofbowling
08-31-2016, 05:54 PM
I don't want to be hard on the guy if he is just a kid or mentally handicapped. Other than that he just needs a dose of reality and time to read, listen and learn instead of posting off the wall statements.

fordman1
08-31-2016, 06:15 PM
I would like to see some video of him and Vegas too. Firing that 12 lb. ball down the lane in those 9 pin tournaments.
PLEASE POST SOME VIDEO!

got_a_300
08-31-2016, 07:05 PM
For every event you go to, you have to figure on spending a minimum of $1500. And unless you are either rich, or finish in the top 10 every time you participate, you are gong to go broke in a hurry. Most pros have to have a second job because they can't make enough money on tour!

Very true unless you have a financial backer or backers willing to help you out
with all or some of the costs.

If trying to do it on your own then you would go broke in no time unless as
said before you're very rich or something like that and have no worries about
spending that kind of money.

When I decided to go for my PBA card years ago right before my back injury
ended that for me I had several backers that were willing to pay most of my
expenses for a cut of what I would have made while out on the tour.

Now days that is just a distant memory as I'm nowhere as good as I was
back then so I have no hope of getting there now unless a miracle happens
for me.

Mike White
08-31-2016, 07:14 PM

Pretty sure 203 (house) would last past the first minute.

Doubt 203 (house) would last past the first cut.

chrono00
08-31-2016, 07:23 PM

I'm sure at the very least that will provide some entertainment for everyone here

bowl1820
08-31-2016, 07:31 PM

Your post didn't get deleted, it was just moved to the support/feedback forum.

it's right here:
http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads/19890-beware-members-there-s-a-troll-among-us-2handedsniper-a-k-a-2handedvolcano

it's been read by 34 board members too.

ep1977
08-31-2016, 07:34 PM
I know a guy who has a PBA card for no other reason than to practice for $1 a game at his local house. Do the math he pays $144/yr for the membership and his league rate per game is $2.90 so he is saving $1.90 per game bowled. He practices 3 times per week 3 games per session. Those 9 games cost him $9 per week and $468 per year. Without the PBA membership he would be paying $26.10/wk and $1,357.20/yr. He is saving $745.20 per year after you account for the membership fee.

1VegasBowler
08-31-2016, 08:46 PM
I know a guy who has a PBA card for no other reason than to practice for $1 a game at his local house. Do the math he pays $144/yr for the membership and his league rate per game is $2.90 so he is saving $1.90 per game bowled. He practices 3 times per week 3 games per session. Those 9 games cost him $9 per week and $468 per year. Without the PBA membership he would be paying $26.10/wk and $1,357.20/yr. He is saving $745.20 per year after you account for the membership fee.

I'm fortunate enough that there are a lot of centers here that only charge $1/game, but during the midnight hours, and there a couple of them that do it during the day.

But you're right as far as some of the benefits go, and as long as it is approved by the PBA for that particular center.

In November, we have the South Point Senior Shootout (http://www.seniorshootout.vegas/home.html). The entry fee for this is $750, and that's for all 4 events. Too rich for my blood.

But they do offer the 3 individual Challenges at $200 each and I'll get in one of those.

Timmyb
08-31-2016, 09:48 PM
Pretty sure 203 (house) would last past the first minute.

Doubt 203 (house) would last past the first cut.

I'll take that as a compliment!

Timmyb
08-31-2016, 09:51 PM
I would like to see some video of him and Vegas too. Firing that 12 lb. ball down the lane in those 9 pin tournaments.
PLEASE POST SOME VIDEO!

Seriously, I keep hearing about these videos. Load them up! Hell, I have two on here, somewhere.....