08-31-2016, 11:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOpKAeBCjC4&feature=youtu.be

This one is set to private

2handedsniper
08-31-2016, 11:34 PM
vimeo works

Sche3067
08-31-2016, 11:56 PM
I don't think I can help you with that release. I never tried it like that but I think I'll try it tomorrow

panbanger
09-01-2016, 12:01 AM
You weren't kidding, you DO get some loft! :)

2handedsniper
09-01-2016, 12:09 AM
Thank you I'm clearly not delusional (look at that pin action ) a little kid ( look at my body) handicapped (Few handicapped bowl 220) or a joke.

Sche3067
09-01-2016, 01:37 AM
The ball is hard to see but looks like a spinner type reaction from the way it hits the pocket. I never threw it like that do you keep your fingers in the ball?

2handedsniper
09-01-2016, 02:23 AM
There is a little bit of spinner, but I would say more 2 handed power reaction. My ball speed a little too fast for a true spinner. But I have a lighter blue ball which I working on slower my speeds for animal patterns. Fingers come out of ball at release

chrono00
09-01-2016, 09:55 PM
What alley is that video at?

2handedsniper
09-02-2016, 02:16 AM
macdade bowl i live around philly too

chrono00
09-02-2016, 02:53 PM
I live like ten minutes from there

2handedsniper
09-02-2016, 08:02 PM
did u like my video

chrono00
09-02-2016, 10:55 PM
I like being able to recognize the bowling center

got_a_300
09-03-2016, 07:12 PM
In another thread you were talking about wanting to get
a PBA card soon. I really do hate to say this and mean no
harm in saying it or anything like that but I really don't think
that release is going to get you that PBA card anytime soon.

Well that is not unless you can become the next Osku or Belmo
with that style of two handed release but I guess anything can
happen.

chrono00
09-03-2016, 11:50 PM
In another thread you were talking about wanting to get
a PBA card soon. I really do hate to say this and mean no
harm in saying it or anything like that but I really don't think
that release is going to get you that PBA card anytime soon.

Well that is not unless you can become the next Osku or Belmo
with that style of two handed release but I guess anything can
happen.

I doubt that pea card is coming. That video is from the alley I bowl league at. I'm pretty sure he's the same kid that showed up at the beginning of a league looking for a team and told everyone they could come watch him on the other end of the alley.

....no one picked him up

2handedsniper
09-04-2016, 12:02 AM
found a different league where I met many friends

2handedsniper
09-04-2016, 01:34 AM
is stuck in 550s so I'm debating more leverage or perfecting my spares but keep my same form.

got_a_300
09-04-2016, 02:46 PM
is stuck in 550s so I'm debating more leverage or perfecting my spares but keep my same form.

Okay if you can perfect your spare shooting game to about 98.9-100.0% and be able
to repeat that release consistently every frame and be able to shoot 680 - 750 every
time you go bowling on any lane condition then maybe you can get that card one day.

I really do believe using that form would be very hard to bowl on all of the PBA animal
patterns especially on the Cheetah pattern where you have to play the 1 or 2 board or
whenever you'd have to play way inside on the 5th or 6th arrows but that's just my
opinion.

2handedsniper
09-04-2016, 08:17 PM
with my loft do you think I could play an animal patterns without having to go to 1 or 2?

2handedsniper
09-05-2016, 12:23 AM
https://vimeo.com/181445844

Here is my release zoomed in. Any feedback welcome!

chrono00
09-05-2016, 02:10 AM
found a different league where I met many friends

What league was that

2handedsniper
09-05-2016, 02:18 AM
Not Macdade bowl

billf
09-05-2016, 03:12 PM
I doubt that pea card is coming. That video is from the alley I bowl league at. I'm pretty sure he's the same kid that showed up at the beginning of a league looking for a team and told everyone they could come watch him on the other end of the alley.

....no one picked him up

So this is legit and not some long running joke?

billf
09-05-2016, 03:18 PM
Thank you I'm clearly not delusional (look at that pin action ) a little kid ( look at my body) handicapped (Few handicapped bowl 220) or a joke.

My guess would be joke. You can't even keep your stories straight within the same thread. 220 average is 660 not stuck in the 550s in your words. I would bet even that is a stretch. BTW, whoever said in the video "That looked good" was lying to you. Almost zero ball movement which would be needed to score well on every pattern. If it can't move during open bowling it sure won't be able to create the correct angle on a sort shot.

chrono00
09-05-2016, 03:43 PM
So this is legit and not some long running joke?

Think so...

2handedsniper
09-05-2016, 05:33 PM
I'm far from a joke I have a dozen or so 230s or higher. It is not a chest pass as the ball is held much lower then chest level.

Davidjr113
09-05-2016, 06:41 PM
I put him on my ignore list but then quickly took him off, I missed him. I find him quite comical, but not malicious or nasty, unlike some others I have seen, so he provides some bowling related levity among our bowling seriousness

Tony
09-06-2016, 12:03 AM
Most of the 2 handers seem to be releasing the ball much lower, close to the ankle just like a conventional bowler, in the video it appears the ball is being thrown down lane from slightly below the waist instead of rolling the ball.

1VegasBowler
09-06-2016, 01:31 AM

....no one picked him up

IF he can average 200 for a minimum of 36 games on THS, 190 on Sport or cash in a PBA event he could buy a card.

Being able to buy a card and actually being able to make it through the qualifying rounds is another matter.

Dead money.

Anybody can bowl on a THS. Bowling on a sport pattern is a totally different world.

chrono00
09-06-2016, 09:29 AM
IF he can average 200 for a minimum of 36 games on THS, 190 on Sport or cash in a PBA event he could buy a card.

Being able to buy a card and actually being able to make it through the qualifying rounds is another matter.

Dead money.

Anybody can bowl on a THS. Bowling on a sport pattern is a totally different world.

I wouldn't see that happening in this league for sure. Twelve 5 man teams, I'd say around half of them average over 200. And it's a pretty tough house from all accounts I hear. My one friend usually averages 195-200 here. However He bowled in a scratch doubles league over in jersey and was averaging 221

NewToBowling
09-06-2016, 01:01 PM
Are you releasing with two hands. Correct me if I'm wrong but that is an illegal release if so.

1VegasBowler
09-06-2016, 01:26 PM
Are you releasing with two hands. Correct me if I'm wrong but that is an illegal release if so.

The USBC has required that 2 handers must declare whether they are right or left handed, and if need be, they can watch a bowler to assist in making that declaration. This is done because you cannot throw right and left handed during competition, unless there is medical documentation to preclude this.

Where they get specific, is, from what other 2 handers are doing. The balance hand comes off of the ball just before delivery, and is thrown with the dominant hand.

While I have not contacted the USBC offices, as of yet, my own interpretation would make his delivery illegal because both hands are being used to release the ball.

bowl1820
09-06-2016, 01:27 PM

A two handed delivery (not to be confused with a Two-Handed Approach) is not illegal.

Two-Handed Delivery
Both hands impart force on the ball to get it down the lane. Normally done by swinging the ball
between one’s legs and is more commonly used when youth start to learn how to bowl.
Individuals who deliver the ball from the chest using both hands would be considered to
be using a two-handed delivery and therefore must remain with this style throughout
competition.

Two-Handed Approach
Both hands are placed on the ball and are left on the ball throughout the swing until release. At
the point of release, a dominant hand releases the ball thereby being a one-handed delivery.
Additionally, the dominant hand is determined by the side of the body about which the ball
swings.

1VegasBowler
09-06-2016, 01:30 PM
A two handed delivery (not to be confused with a Two-Handed Approach) is not illegal.

Two-Handed Delivery
Both hands impart force on the ball to get it down the lane. Normally done by swinging the ball
between one’s legs and is more commonly used when youth start to learn how to bowl.
Individuals who deliver the ball from the chest using both hands would be considered to
be using a two-handed delivery and therefore must remain with this style throughout
competition.

Two-Handed Approach
Both hands are placed on the ball and are left on the ball throughout the swing until release. At
the point of release, a dominant hand releases the ball thereby being a one-handed delivery.
Additionally, the dominant hand is determined by the side of the body about which the ball
swings.

In this case, it certainly appears that the ball is being released with 2 hands, and if that is the case then it would be illegal.

Amyers
09-06-2016, 01:39 PM
In this case, it certainly appears that the ball is being released with 2 hands, and if that is the case then it would be illegal.

Vegas the two handed chest pass style of bowling is not illegal. You just can't change it once you throw the first ball that way he or she would have to shoot spares and roll every ball in that fashion.

bowl1820
09-06-2016, 01:46 PM

What USBC rule in the rulebook says that it illegal?

In his video he is releasing the ball from his chest with what appears to be both hands, That would be a Two-Handed Delivery.

In The USBC Equip & Spec Manual it does not state a two-Handed delivery is illegal, it just says "Individuals who deliver the ball from the chest using both hands would be considered to be using a two-handed delivery and therefore must remain with this style throughout competition.".

1VegasBowler
09-06-2016, 01:48 PM
Vegas the two handed chest pass style of bowling is not illegal. You just can't change it once you throw the first ball that way he or she would have to shoot spares and roll every ball in that fashion.

From what I saw, and maybe I'm wrong (won't be the first time..lol), but I don't see a clearly dominant hand in this. I see 2 hands releasing the ball.

1VegasBowler
09-06-2016, 01:51 PM
What USBC rule in the rulebook says that it illegal?

In his video he is releasing the ball from his chest with what appears to be both hands, That would be a Two-Handed Delivery.

The USBC Equip & Spec Manual does not state a two-Handed delivery is illegal, it just says "Individuals who deliver the ball from the chest using both hands would be considered to be using a two-handed delivery and therefore must remain with this style throughout competition.".

They are saying that there has to be a declared dominant hand. This is to prevent a bowler from switching hands for spares.

Looks like I'll have to make contact with the USBC in Texas so that I can get their interpretation.

bowl1820
09-06-2016, 01:53 PM
From what I saw, and maybe I'm wrong (won't be the first time..lol), but I don't see a clearly dominant hand in this. I see 2 hands releasing the ball.

The dominate hand requirement is in reference to the Two-handed approach style not the Two-Handed Delivery style.

While they may seem the same they're different styles.

1VegasBowler
09-06-2016, 02:01 PM
The dominate hand requirement is in reference to the Two-handed approach style not the Two-Handed Delivery style.

While they may seem the same they're different styles.

I just sent an email to the USBC to see what they have to say. Might take a day or so to get a response, but I'll post it as soon as I hear from them,

NewToBowling
09-06-2016, 02:27 PM

Two-Handed Delivery
competition.

Two-Handed Approach
swings.

I understand that. Belmo and Osku use two hands but at release only one hand is releasing the ball. OP seems to be using two hands throughout

bowl1820
09-06-2016, 03:38 PM
I understand that. Belmo and Osku use two hands but at release only one hand is releasing the ball. OP seems to be using two hands throughout

If The OP is using both hands at the same time to deliver the ball that is a two handed delivery.

Which is not illegal, look through the rulebook. The rulebook only says that if you use that style, you have to stick with it. You cant switch to another style.

JaxBowlingGuy
09-06-2016, 05:21 PM
The level 1 coaching actually teaches this style for youth that can't throw it more traditionally

2handedsniper
09-07-2016, 07:10 AM
i am now using the left part of the lane sometimes where its better because there are only 2 lefties. i stand and walk in the left pocket area

chrono00
09-07-2016, 03:23 PM
i am now using the left part of the lane sometimes where its better because there are only 2 lefties. i stand and walk in the left pocket area

I'm not sure I'd neccisaruly consider standing on any part of the approach specifially relates to left or right handlers per say.

And is it even possible to throw a backup ball with that style....?

1VegasBowler
09-07-2016, 06:25 PM
OK. Here is the response I got from the USBC in Texas, and I was wrong.

From Kathy Andersen - After review of the video, we believe the bowler is using a two-handed delivery. Bowlers using this delivery must deliver the ball in the same fashion for all deliveries, including spares.

Two handed delivery is explained in the Equipment Specifications Manual.

2handedsniper
09-08-2016, 08:51 AM
I will upload a full game of me bowling 230 soon for feedback and idea exchanges for all, especially fellow two handed bowlers.

2handedsniper
09-08-2016, 09:13 AM
Unfortunately my form of only person may change the entire USBC rulebook as ABT is furious over my nearly cashing in on highway to hell (700)

2handedsniper
09-08-2016, 09:19 AM
I would say less two handed chest pass and more rugby toss

Tony
09-08-2016, 09:33 AM
I would say less two handed chest pass and more rugby toss

I agree, that's what it looks like, just remember you can't use a rugby line out throw ( two hand overhead ) that will be a problem !