PDA

View Full Version : Best shoes which do not flop in the back?

2handedsniper
09-02-2016, 09:29 PM
-----

Tony
09-03-2016, 12:07 PM
I only wear shoes that do not flop in the back, the best shoe for what use ?

LOUVIT
09-03-2016, 12:48 PM
I am show shopping right now and seen these. Read reviews and all sounds except the guy who says they don't slide? I can't spend a lot right now and wondering if anyone can help on the BB.com sale this weekend...lol

http://www.bowlingball.com/products/bowling-shoes/pyramid/10662/mens-ra-blacksilver-right-handed.html

1VegasBowler
09-03-2016, 01:40 PM
I am show shopping right now and seen these. Read reviews and all sounds except the guy who says they don't slide? I can't spend a lot right now and wondering if anyone can help on the BB.com sale this weekend...lol

http://www.bowlingball.com/products/bowling-shoes/pyramid/10662/mens-ra-blacksilver-right-handed.html

Dexter's Ricky III's are low priced and are a good bang for the buck. I've had mine since Jan 2015 and they still feel great.

LOUVIT
09-03-2016, 05:18 PM
these? 45.00?... on sale this weekend. I may just go to my PSO and pay his prices and be sure I have enough slide, I'll probably pay twice the price....

http://www.bowlingball.com/products/bowling-shoes/dexter/10928/mens-ricky-iii-blackred-wide-width.html

reviews..from bb.com below
I cannot stick at all! i am a large man and have a bad back, I've already taken 2 nose dives and will not take another...lol
reviews......
When I first got these shoes, I thought they looked nice. I tried them on and they were comfortable. The first time I threw a ball I noticed that they didn't slide very well. I though that I just needed to break them in, but 32 games later and they still do not slide worth a hill of beans. When I can afford it I am buying new shoes, until then I will have to deal with the possibility of knee problems from sticking to the approach.
Was this comment helpful? yes no
More reviews by Robert Mokros

most horrible bowling shoes on the planet! I bought these shoes because of price and comfort only to find that the slide right soles don't slide worth a damn.on top of that the rubber on the toe comes down to far and makes you stick which makes it pretty hard on the knees! i've had it with these shoes! they're garbage and you're better off buying your own pair of rental shoes. Don't buy these, they are #$%&

2handedsniper
09-04-2016, 01:01 AM
I have the rickys and they flop in the back does anybody else have sucess without flopping with any other shoes

JaxBowlingGuy
09-04-2016, 04:11 AM
Sounds like they are too big

Tony
09-04-2016, 12:07 PM
I have the Brunswick Warriors, not a fancy shoe with changeable soles or anything but only around 55.00. I'm not a big slider / push-off bowler and not very hard on shoes.

I have never had any bowling shoes that flop, I lace them on the tighter side and they are solidly attached in the back.

LOUVIT
09-04-2016, 03:55 PM
I just ordered these

http://www.bowlingball.com/products/bowling-shoes/dexter/11527/mens-max-right-handed-greysilverwhite-9-95-10-105-11-only.html

classygranny
09-04-2016, 06:54 PM
Did you know that by tying your sliding foot bowling shoe tighter, it will make you slide easier? I don't know why, but it does work, even though it sounds weird.

As far a flopping in the back, that is poor fit. People with narrow heels can get a heel guard to put in their shoes that prevents slipping.

LOUVIT
09-05-2016, 12:22 PM
Did you know that by, tying your sliding foot bowling shoe it will make you slide easier? I don't know why, but it does work, even though it sounds weird.

As far a flopping in the back, that is poor fit. People with narrow heels can get a heel guard to put in their shoes that prevents slipping.

what does tying your sliding foot bowling shoe mean?

bowl1820
09-05-2016, 01:28 PM

Its a old school bowling tip for adjusting your slide.

If you want to slide more, tighten up your shoelaces; if you want to slide less, loosen the shoelaces.

classygranny
09-05-2016, 01:30 PM

Oops...sorry - It should have said tying your shoe tighter...I edited the post.

LOUVIT
09-05-2016, 02:05 PM
Oops...sorry - It should have said tying your shoe tighter...I edited the post.

seems being a short stocky guy I put a lot of weight on my heel and that don't slide...lol

billf
09-05-2016, 02:39 PM
seems being a short stocky guy I put a lot of weight on my heel and that don't slide...lol

Stature and size have little to do with how you distribute your weight. It actually has a lot to do with how far the slide foot is in front of the body in combination with the knee bend. The more bend the easier it is to get the weight on the balls of the foot and slide.

LOUVIT
09-05-2016, 03:34 PM
Stature and size have little to do with how you distribute your weight. It actually has a lot to do with how far the slide foot is in front of the body in combination with the knee bend. The more bend the easier it is to get the weight on the balls of the foot and slide.

to explain my approach...I start the short 5 step approach and the end of the ball return. I cannot take long steps due to a mental block from when I came back to bowling 5 months ago overweight and a bad back I took 2 nosedives which almost made me quit. When I am on the floor I cannot get up myself, I need to crawl to the return and lift myself up. this hurts and is also very embarrassing...lol . I stuck with it and I am over careful now.

billf
09-05-2016, 03:54 PM
You do what you have to. I sure wouldn't want to have to crawl to the ball return or get assistance to get back up.

I bowled two half seasons blind after my eye injury. I'm talking bandages covering my eyes with the blind man glasses, the whole nine yards. Being that I'm wrapped a little different than most all the comments I could hear being whispered made me more determined. One team complained to the league president saying I caused a delay by needing a teammate to hand me my ball and line me up. Embarassing but I wasn't willing to give up bowling even though at the time the doctors said I would never regain my sight.

LOUVIT
09-05-2016, 04:31 PM
You do what you have to. I sure wouldn't want to have to crawl to the ball return or get assistance to get back up.

I bowled two half seasons blind after my eye injury. I'm talking bandages covering my eyes with the blind man glasses, the whole nine yards. Being that I'm wrapped a little different than most all the comments I could hear being whispered made me more determined. One team complained to the league president saying I caused a delay by needing a teammate to hand me my ball and line me up. Embarassing but I wasn't willing to give up bowling even though at the time the doctors said I would never regain my sight.

wow that's horrible,
being fat is a bit different though, I am also almost blind in my right eye. When I fall they say the fat guy fell.