PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody like us two handed bowlers?

2handedsniper
09-03-2016, 07:55 AM
We are treated badly everywhere. Do they
think we're cheating or are they jealous?

ep1977
09-03-2016, 08:48 AM
Jealous? 😂😂😂😂

AlexNC
09-03-2016, 09:03 AM
Most bowlers, and non bowlers I know are two handed. I myself am, in fact, two handed. I treat my two handed friends the same as my, well, I don't have any one handed friends but if I did, that would be just fine.

I don't like trolls with any amount of hands.

Sche3067
09-03-2016, 10:37 AM
The only people that get angry are those that don't have the right equipment or the correct release/ adjustment when they encounter 2 handers. I love them they destroy the pattern and I get to watch the other team cry about it

1VegasBowler
09-03-2016, 11:47 AM
The only people that get angry are those that don't have the right equipment or the correct release/ adjustment when they encounter 2 handers. I love them they destroy the pattern and I get to watch the other team cry about it

This nails it. Right on point.

I don't take issue with 2 handers. It's the style they bowl and it is up to us to adjust to it when the patterns get broken down and the oil is moved about.

My arsenal consists of 2 balls that help counteract this. The Ultimate Nirvana and the Fanatic BTU.

The Ultimate is great for medium to heavy oil, and it isn't the skid/flippy type that doesn't react well.

The BTU is even better because it absorbs the oil (unlike urethane), and can actually hurt the line the 2 hander is using if they are on similar lines. It is also great for playing up the middle directly into the oil because of its very slow response down lane.

Bowling isn't about staying on one line the entire time you're out there. Making adjustments throughout the game is always a necessity. Bowling on 4 & 5 man teams breaks they patterns down in no time, and we have to be able to move left or right, or making a ball change at a moments notice ahead of the transition. This is what separates the better bowlers from the good bowlers.

LyalC52
09-03-2016, 12:15 PM
one hand or two hands, it doesn't matter
its all about the person throwing the ball

a good person will be well liked
a douche bag won't

I think most here have figured out which category the OP falls into

got_a_300
09-03-2016, 07:33 PM
I have no problem with two handed bowlers myself.

I enjoy beating the two handers just as much as I
enjoy beating any of the one handed bowlers out
there on the lanes.

foreverincamo
09-04-2016, 02:10 PM
First night of league we bowled against a team whose anchor bowled the first two games one-handed, then switched to two-handed because he got tired. No one complained. Two-handed get the revs but many have control issues.

fordman1
09-04-2016, 05:33 PM
Most 2 handers bowl that way because they aren't good enough the right way.

ep1977
09-04-2016, 05:43 PM
Most 2 handers bowl that way because they aren't good enough the right way.

This is true in most cases. I know two 2 handed bowlers who both average over 220 but for years as 1 handed bowlers they never averaged over 200.

2handedsniper
09-05-2016, 01:22 AM
If one armed is that right way then why did Anthony Simonsen win again last month on a longer pattern? I'm not saying I'm as as good as him but just making my point.

stargell1
09-05-2016, 02:46 AM
Don't think I've ever seen a 2 handed female bowler.

2handedsniper
09-05-2016, 08:02 AM
special Olympic have a couple of female 2 handers

Tony
09-05-2016, 11:02 AM
Most bowlers, and non bowlers I know are two handed. I myself am, in fact, two handed. I treat my two handed friends the same as my, well, I don't have any one handed friends but if I did, that would be just fine.

I don't like trolls with any amount of hands.

Yes, most of the people I bowl with are two handed, I do know a beautiful woman that has one hand, due to an accident, and I once worked with a guy who only had one hand, his nickname was lefty !

foreverincamo
09-05-2016, 01:14 PM
People complain about two-handers are ruining the sport, but what percentage of pros are two-handers? Less than one?

ep1977
09-05-2016, 02:36 PM
People complain about two-handers are ruining the sport, but what percentage of pros are two-handers? Less than one?

That number will be much larger in 10 years. I was watching a youth league on Thursday night and more than half of the kids were 2 handers.

billf
09-05-2016, 03:01 PM
We are treated badly everywhere. Do they
think we're cheating or are they jealous?

I bowl one league two handed and the others one handed. I don't have an issue with real two handers. The video you posted I wouldnt consider two handed but more or a chest pass which has no place on expensive lanes. Plus the legality of it is in question due to not really having a dominant hand as described in the USBC rulebook.