PDA

View Full Version : Equipment damage

drlawsoniii
09-09-2016, 01:59 PM
All, I just got a snap lock 3 weeks ago. It's a beautiful ball, well it was... league night was last night and the lanes took 4 or so chips out of the ball (pretty small but noticeable) not in my track. Am I the only one who gets upset about this. My teammates think it's no big deal since it's not in my track but i spent 240 dollars on this ball and it hasnt even lasted a month before getting mangled. What's everyone's opinion on this?

Amyers
09-09-2016, 02:05 PM
If it's more than a scratch then the house should resurface the ball for you if it's something that couldn't be fixed by resurfacing then they should replace the ball. Not all houses will do this though.

panbanger
09-09-2016, 02:15 PM
I get upset about this, for sure! after my ninth game bowling with it my Rude Dude already had about 4 chips, none on my track. The alley offered to resurface it but I declined.

LOUVIT
09-09-2016, 02:22 PM
Is it for sure the house or maybe a defective ball. I would contact the company just to check.

ep1977
09-09-2016, 03:01 PM
All, I just got a snap lock 3 weeks ago. It's a beautiful ball, well it was... league night was last night and the lanes took 4 or so chips out of the ball (pretty small but noticeable) not in my track. Am I the only one who gets upset about this. My teammates think it's no big deal since it's not in my track but i spent 240 dollars on this ball and it hasnt even lasted a month before getting mangled. What's everyone's opinion on this?

When I got my Lock something similar happened. In about the 6th time I used the ball it received 3 deep gashes. Not on my track so they wouldn't replace the ball but filled the gashes in with what looks like glue. I was furious. Last week a friend of mine's son got a chip taken out of his ball on the first throw. He waited 2 weeks for the ball originally too.

Tony
09-09-2016, 05:44 PM
I wouldn't be too thrilled, the lanes where I bowl and pro shop are pretty good at taking care of the bowlers when balls have those type of problems, at least for regular league bowlers. I know a handful of guys who have gotten brand new balls because of the lane equipment gouging the balls too badly to repair, but
don't know where the damage was / if on track or not.
Seems like they could do better than what they have done so far.

JaxBowlingGuy
09-09-2016, 10:40 PM
When I got my Lock something similar happened. In about the 6th time I used the ball it received 3 deep gashes. Not on my track so they wouldn't replace the ball but filled the gashes in with what looks like glue. I was furious. Last week a friend of mine's son got a chip taken out of his ball on the first throw. He waited 2 weeks for the ball originally too.

Likely quick patch. Pretty much super glue lol

1VegasBowler
09-10-2016, 03:09 AM
I've only had 2 issues with damage to my Thug Unruly, and they were at different houses. Both places fixed the issue at no charge.

Just a couple of weeks ago I noticed my T Zone was chipping away around the thumb, on the outside of my slug. Took it to my PSO and it was replaced.

2handedsniper
09-10-2016, 04:43 AM
what color tzone chipped. They should nt chip if you de oil them.

billf
09-10-2016, 07:36 AM
what color tzone chipped. They should nt chip if you de oil them.

T-zone is a polyster cover (plastic) that won't soak any oil due to not having pores. No need to de-oil unles you want to use ball cleaner and a towel.

foreverincamo
09-11-2016, 10:34 PM
I always get mad when any ball gets a scratch. I've had two replaced and one repaired at the same house. I don't throw cheap balls so I take it personally when they get damaged.

billf
09-12-2016, 09:47 AM
*****TIP

If you want to practice playing way outside use plastic. It won't hook but who cares? It won't cost you $200+ either when it goes into the gutter and hits the corner of the pin deck. Once you can consistently roll the ball straight up 1 then the chance of wrecking a resin ball are greatly reduced.

got_a_300
09-12-2016, 06:53 PM
Just to add to billf's tip about using plastic balls if you are just practicing on
lets say your timing / footwork / etc. etc.etc. then why throw a $200+ ball
when a $30-40 plastic ball will do the job unless you are bowling in a league
or a tournament then that is a different story.

mc_runner
09-12-2016, 07:02 PM
Whenever I practice I use only old/dead equipment. Saves wear and tear on the new stuff, and provides enough of a challenge adjusting to find pocket with whatever I happen to find on the lanes.

stargell1
09-14-2016, 11:43 PM
Chances are it's probably the lane equipment that scratches the ball. Opposed to a defected ball. The 2 houses where I play at there are certain lanes that are known for damaging balls, in which I try to avoid playing on.

J Anderson
09-15-2016, 10:48 AM

Any time your ball comes back damaged, unless you've done something like throwing without checking to make sure the sweep isn't still down, it should be reported to the bowling center immediately. While I don't care about the appearance of the ball, I do want the center to know they have a problem so they can fix it.