PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on Fanatic

LowDown
09-14-2016, 10:42 AM
I am a medium speed 15-16 mph medium rev bowler (a true tweener). I haven't bowled in awhile as evidenced by the fact that i'm looking to replace my C-System ultimax and my Massive Damage. Part of the reason to change is to get from 16 pound equipment to 15 pound so sticking with my current gear is not an option.

I really like what I am seeing from the Fanatic as a good benchmark ball and maybe the Ultimate Nirvana on a fresh pattern. I'll be bowling in two houses mainly ths but i may end up subbing in a sport league if they are desperate (really really desperate).

Just wanted some opinions on the Fanatic if anyone is using it. Is it good oob or are you changing the surface? Does it hit as hard as what people claim?

1VegasBowler
09-14-2016, 11:10 AM
I am a medium speed 15-16 mph medium rev bowler (a true tweener). I haven't bowled in awhile as evidenced by the fact that i'm looking to replace my C-System ultimax and my Massive Damage. Part of the reason to change is to get from 16 pound equipment to 15 pound so sticking with my current gear is not an option.

I really like what I am seeing from the Fanatic as a good benchmark ball and maybe the Ultimate Nirvana on a fresh pattern. I'll be bowling in two houses mainly ths but i may end up subbing in a sport league if they are desperate (really really desperate).

Just wanted some opinions on the Fanatic if anyone is using it. Is it good oob or are you changing the surface? Does it hit as hard as what people claim?

I don't have the Fanatic, but I have seen it used and this is a sweet ball to use and will be great on a THS, and the ones that I have seen are OOB surface.

I have the Ultimate Nirvana and it is great on any med-heavy oil pattern.

Mine is drilled pin down, and it gets through the fronts very smoothly, reads the mids and has a great turn on the back end. This ball is all energy too, with a lot of forgiveness.

You may also want to consider the Fanatic BTU as well. This ball is great for burned up/dry conditions. Very slow response, great energy and clean from front to back.

Amyers
09-14-2016, 11:47 AM
I have the Fanatic and a couple of my friends are throwing it too. It's a great ball and hits hard one of those balls that seem to just make that sound when they hit the pins. I'm lower speed and probably equal to maybe slightly more revs and its good on the fresh on THS for me but for a higher speed bowler it should be great on the transition. I have mine at the OOB surface also.

Blomer
09-14-2016, 06:53 PM
I also have the Fanatic and live it. Great motion and hits hard. I combine it with the DV8 Grudge Hybrid and what a combo!

1VegasBowler
09-14-2016, 07:09 PM
I also have the Fanatic and live it. Great motion and hits hard. I combine it with the DV8 Grudge Hybrid and what a combo!

That is a great combo!

LowDown
09-15-2016, 09:31 AM
I don't have the Fanatic, but I have seen it used and this is a sweet ball to use and will be great on a THS, and the ones that I have seen are OOB surface.

I have the Ultimate Nirvana and it is great on any med-heavy oil pattern.

Mine is drilled pin down, and it gets through the fronts very smoothly, reads the mids and has a great turn on the back end. This ball is all energy too, with a lot of forgiveness.

You may also want to consider the Fanatic BTU as well. This ball is great for burned up/dry conditions. Very slow response, great energy and clean from front to back.

I may consider the BTU at some point as well. I still have a 15 pound AMF Cobra that my grandpa bought me when I was 14. Yes it's now 26 years old and yes I still use it, i'm really sentimental about some stuff. I'd still be using my 30 year old Ebonite Gyro I for something if my PSO had been willing to drill it (he said he was about 90% positive it would crack if he tried it).