PDA

View Full Version : Key Bowling Staff

JaxBowlingGuy
09-20-2016, 07:33 PM
I have now been officially added to the Key Bowling Amatuer staff.

billf
09-21-2016, 02:13 AM
Congratulations! Welcome to the team.

LyalC52
09-21-2016, 11:53 AM
Please don't think I'm trolling with this post, I genuinely want to know your opinion on the value of being an amateur staffer for a ball cleaner company.

About a week ago I ran into a guy who is an amateur staffer for Create the Difference Bowling (That Purple Stuff). He seemed very excited about the company and suggested I submit to become a staffer as well. After looking over the site and saw what the cost of becoming a staffer entailed, I just didn't see enough of a return on my investment.

I saw your post here and looked into Key's program. Again I'm not seeing a good return on investment.

What are your thoughts and what do you perceive as the perks of being a staffer?

JaxBowlingGuy
09-21-2016, 12:13 PM
Please don't think I'm trolling with this post, I genuinely want to know your opinion on the value of being an amateur staffer for a ball cleaner company.

About a week ago I ran into a guy who is an amateur staffer for Create the Difference Bowling (That Purple Stuff). He seemed very excited about the company and suggested I submit to become a staffer as well. After looking over the site and saw what the cost of becoming a staffer entailed, I just didn't see enough of a return on my investment.

I saw your post here and looked into Key's program. Again I'm not seeing a good return on investment.

What are your thoughts and what do you perceive as the perks of being a staffer?

What "return on investment"? My "investment" consist of completing an application. And in return you receive the "staff pack" and discount going forward for the product on their online store. I'll likely never use the discount on balls though as I'm already with a ball company.

As for CTD, it's a lot more than just cleaner. You get access to new products before they get released (that WOW Factor) was the most recent. There was also a staff only sell on bowling balls with their new treatment that CTD is doing . Discount on drilling services, coaching services, TPS discounts. Again, if you're "regional" staff with them all that is offered free. The "national" staff pays $30 a month and gets a monthly package with various new items, cleaners, ect and a larger discount.on the previous mentioned items.

LyalC52
09-21-2016, 03:08 PM
I'm a low 180s on a sport shot, near 200 average on a THS, so I don't ever see myself being more than just amateur level

At amateur level you are getting very little for free, it just discounts if you agree to buy you equipment through them. So to honor your staff agreement, you need to pass on other's sales and discounts. And with CTD you have to pay a monthly staff fee.

I see the bragging rights that come with being a staffer, but again for an amateur staffer is it worth it?

JaxBowlingGuy
09-21-2016, 03:46 PM
CTD you only pay on the "national staff". You'll eventually learn a staff isn't all about free things. It's kind of a you scratch my back, I scratch yours. Basically, you promote and they reward you with discounts and or free items.

As for Amatuer staffs, that pretty much is anyone who doesn't hold a pro card. People don't get pro cards for various reasons. I know Amatuer members with various ball companies that get 1 of every new release and cab buy additional at HEAVILY discounted prices. It's all about your particular contract.

1VegasBowler
09-21-2016, 05:56 PM
CTD you only pay on the "national staff". You'll eventually learn a staff isn't all about free things. It's kind of a you scratch my back, I scratch yours. Basically, you promote and they reward you with discounts and or free items.

As for Amatuer staffs, that pretty much is anyone who doesn't hold a pro card. People don't get pro cards for various reasons. I know Amatuer members with various ball companies that get 1 of every new release and cab buy additional at HEAVILY discounted prices. It's all about your particular contract.

And with most (if not all) of these contracts, we are prohibited from discussing what our contracts entail. While we can say we have a contract with Key, CTD, Brunswick, Storm, etc., the details are between the 2 parties. Any disclosure of the details voids the contract, because most of these contracts are not the same whether it's for Amateur, Regional or Pro Staffers.

JaxBowlingGuy
09-21-2016, 11:20 PM
And with most (if not all) of these contracts, we are prohibited from discussing what our contracts entail. While we can say we have a contract with Key, CTD, Brunswick, Storm, etc., the details are between the 2 parties. Any disclosure of the details voids the contract, because most of these contracts are not the same whether it's for Amateur, Regional or Pro Staffers.

The ones specifically mentioned have all the "perks" listed on their website. Ball contracts are most defiantly different person to person.

JaxBowlingGuy
09-21-2016, 11:20 PM
Key and CTD that is

billf
09-22-2016, 07:55 AM
Plus when an online retailer has a sale most times they all are running the same sale. Why? Because the manufacturers control the minimum price they are allowed to sell equipment at retail for. So then the discount comes off the sale price.

Additionally when you apply for various staff positions such as Genesis tape, Vise, Turbo to name a few one of the questions is "what other companies are you or have been on staff with?" You have to start somewhere and usually it's the bottom.

Key Bowling is NOT a ball cleaner company. To date that is the only product of their making with USBC approval but they are an online bowling retailer. Coming soon they will also have online coaching services available including access to exclusive articles.

JaxBowlingGuy
09-22-2016, 08:55 AM
Turbo is rather difficult to get on with, atleast in my region.