PDA

View Full Version : Tom Daugherty at PBA Wolf Open

NewToBowling
09-22-2016, 11:15 PM
I won't ruin the results but Tom Daugherty had some anger issues directed at other bowlers and ball mfg. Definitely odd seeing it in a bowling match, but I kind of liked it.

JaxBowlingGuy
09-22-2016, 11:16 PM
I won't ruin the results but Tom Daugherty had some anger issues directed at other bowlers and ball mfg. Definitely odd seeing it in a bowling match, but I kind of liked it.

I recorded it and watched it tonight. He was defiantly pretty peppy at times lol

2handedsniper
09-22-2016, 11:30 PM
I guess more two handed hate.

Timmyb
09-23-2016, 06:52 AM
Is this on Youtube yet? I don't get this cable channel.

ep1977
09-23-2016, 06:54 AM
I guess more two handed hate.

Tom Daugherty is a ONE handed bowler. He doesn't use his thumb but not a 2 hander. He beat two 2 handers on the show including Belmo.

JasonNJ
09-23-2016, 08:54 AM
Is this on Youtube yet? I don't get this cable channel.

Yes, this is match one and the same dude has all the other matches too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtB5IRPp-6g

JasonNJ
09-23-2016, 08:55 AM
He was pretty angry at Storm so I figure Storm must not have renewed his contract.

JasonNJ
09-23-2016, 08:56 AM
Yes, this is match one and the same dude has all the other matches too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtB5IRPp-6g

Oh and the bad audio was from the original broadcast not the recording.

JaxBowlingGuy
09-23-2016, 09:03 AM
He was pretty angry at Storm so I figure Storm must not have renewed his contract.

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb407/gunsnjax/7CC162D7-9DCA-4365-940C-354C0B54EFFF_zpsrh4j9isk.png (http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/gunsnjax/media/7CC162D7-9DCA-4365-940C-354C0B54EFFF_zpsrh4j9isk.png.html)

fordman1
09-23-2016, 11:43 AM
Reminded my of PDW. It was all about him. Me, Me, Me, I, I, I. Guess I am not a fan anymore.

billf
09-23-2016, 12:28 PM
Reminded my of PDW. It was all about him. Me, Me, Me, I, I, I. Guess I am not a fan anymore.

So because Tom felt more like an employee number rather than a valued member of the company you're no longer a fan? This is the same reason most people leave their place of employment right next to crappy managers. Maybe you're OK with just settling, that's your decision and your right. But to hold it against somebody because they're willing to make sacrifices and don't want to just settle but rather keep working, keep grinding and not let life knock them out is kind of petty.

ep1977
09-23-2016, 12:37 PM
After Reading that FB post I'm very confused. In the Post Tom is saying that he made a decision to switch companies essentially for happiness. His comments on TV the other night said that Storm dropped him. I don't remember the exact words but they were something to the effect of Storm will regret dropping him.

JaxBowlingGuy
09-23-2016, 12:48 PM
I think it was more like "should have kept me"... I could only think the offer he was given in the 2year extension wasn't what he thought he was worth so he went with Hammer. And his remark on TV was basically you should have gave me what I wanted.

ep1977
09-23-2016, 12:55 PM
I think it was more like "should have kept me"... I could only think the offer he was given in the 2year extension wasn't what he thought he was worth so he went with Hammer. And his remark on TV was basically you should have gave me what I wanted.

Ok that makes sense. Storm has twice as many pro staff as the other companies so I'm sure they didn't put up much or any fight to keep TD.

JaxBowlingGuy
09-23-2016, 01:00 PM
Well hell 4/5 on the TV show was storm/roto

JasonNJ
09-23-2016, 01:29 PM
Well hell 4/5 on the TV show was storm/roto

Is 900 Global a part of Storm?

Jconner91
09-23-2016, 01:30 PM
Saw him in Mens league last night and told him Great job and I thought it was hilarious lol this is what bowling needs. I am happy for him and hope he keeps winning :)

JaxBowlingGuy
09-23-2016, 01:44 PM
Is 900 Global a part of Storm?

Kind of indirectly. Storm pours balls for them

LOUVIT
09-23-2016, 02:00 PM
He is my PSO!....When did he get angry, I missed it and watching YTube.

NewToBowling
09-23-2016, 02:07 PM
He was passive aggressive with Belmont. He screamed at the lanes instead of in Belmo's face. That would have been quite the scene. But yeah 2 titles vs 12 (6 majors) and 3 time reigning Player of the Year. I wouldn't be bragging much. Karma lol

Jconner91
09-23-2016, 02:11 PM
He is my PSO!....

Hey Louvit!, what leagues are you in for fall?

Jconner91
09-23-2016, 02:12 PM
He was passive aggressive with Belmont. He screamed at the lanes instead of in Belmo's face. That would have been quite the scene. But yeah 2 titles vs 12 (6 majors) and 3 time reigning Player of the Year. I wouldn't be bragging much. Karma lol

4-0 against him lol like beating Tiger 4 times on the course. Still something to brag about

NewToBowling
09-23-2016, 02:31 PM
I get it and sure Belmo knows too well. Belmo took it in stride and showed no emotion

fordman1
09-23-2016, 02:45 PM
I wouldn't be gloating about which ball I used it was a rubber ball on a very short pattern for a 16 game tournament.
Still should have been a little less of a big mouth. It was probably staged coming from the owners. If it was real do it in the locker room off camera.

LOUVIT
09-23-2016, 03:09 PM
Hey Louvit!, what leagues are you in for fall?

Since this is my come back I am only in the Wednesday afternoon Senior league, I also bowl on Monday morning

Jconner91
09-23-2016, 03:47 PM
Since this is my come back I am only in the Wednesday afternoon Senior league, I also bowl on Monday morning

Nice, I switched from monday night at Oakfield to the sports shot league at Pinchasers Veterans. Also my first year starting in Mens league. Should be fun :)

LOUVIT
09-23-2016, 03:55 PM
Nice, I switched from monday night at Oakfield to the sports shot league at Pinchasers Veterans. Also my first year starting in Mens league. Should be fun :)

where that? is that the one by Home Depot?

LOUVIT
09-23-2016, 03:56 PM
I wouldn't be gloating about which ball I used it was a rubber ball on a very short pattern for a 16 game tournament.
Still should have been a little less of a big mouth. It was probably staged coming from the owners. If it was real do it in the locker room off camera.

Tom said he and belmo were good friends, so I can't say what happened there...then again I do not know Tom that well.

Jconner91
09-23-2016, 04:12 PM
where that? is that the one by Home Depot?

Its just north of the airport at Hillsborough & the Veterans expressway

LOUVIT
09-23-2016, 05:32 PM
Its just north of the airport at Hillsborough & the Veterans expressway

too far for me to go. I am at oakfield in Brandon

stargell1
09-24-2016, 06:06 AM
I watched it the other night. I think it's good for the sport to have charismatic players on the pro tour. Tennis was so fun to watch in the seventies and eighties with Connors, McEnroe, and Nastase. Seems CBS has the most bowling coverage. They cover both men and women championships.

fordman1
09-24-2016, 01:41 PM
Tom didn't do anything but hurt his image.

JaxBowlingGuy
09-24-2016, 03:53 PM
Looks like my earlier theory on storm offering him a contract and him thinking me deserved more was accurate. He did a FB live session yesterday and someone asked him about being dropped.

LOUVIT
09-24-2016, 04:05 PM
Tom didn't do anything but hurt his image.

all tom did was yell ..he can't beat me....I've herd a lot worse than that like Pete Weber for example. Remember Tom has 1 win in 15 years before this..he was pumped.

ep1977
09-24-2016, 04:23 PM
all tom did was yell ..he can't beat me....I've herd a lot worse than that like Pete Weber for example. Remember Tom has 1 win in 15 years before this..he was pumped.

What about what he said about Storm? All in all I agree it hurt his rep more than helped it.

RobLV1
09-24-2016, 06:38 PM
All you guys are doing is playing right into the hands of the PBA, trying to get televised bowling to appeal to NASCAR and Wrestling fans. They LOVE this kind of behavior and encourage it at every turn.

billf
09-25-2016, 12:11 PM
Before this season any contracts due for resigning Storm drastically cut their offers. I know for a fact this is why Shannon Pluhowsky left Storm for Hammer. Given Tom said he had a figure in his head, Storm's offer was a lot lower and they wouldn't budge, it seems to have been the case with him also.

ep1977
09-25-2016, 02:12 PM
Before this season any contracts due for resigning Storm drastically cut their offers. I know for a fact this is why Shannon Pluhowsky left Storm for Hammer. Given Tom said he had a figure in his head, Storm's offer was a lot lower and they wouldn't budge, it seems to have been the case with him also.

Seems that Storm's philosophy is to sponsor a larger number of bowlers with modest contracts rather than a few elite bowlers with top level contracts. Can't say which way is better business.

LOUVIT
09-25-2016, 02:20 PM
What about what he said about Storm? All in all I agree it hurt his rep more than helped it.

What and where did he say something about storm? All I seen on FB was storm shouldn't have dropped me. sorry if I am missing something and feeling stupid if I did...lol

LOUVIT
09-25-2016, 02:25 PM
this video may be new to some...

https://www.facebook.com/tom.daugherty.5076?fref=ts

ep1977
09-25-2016, 02:47 PM
What and where did he say something about storm? All I seen on FB was storm shouldn't have dropped me. sorry if I am missing something and feeling stupid if I did...lol

On the TV telecast he angrily said that Storm should have kept him and that they sent 4 guys at him and he took them all down.

LOUVIT
09-25-2016, 02:51 PM
On the TV telecast he angrily said that Storm should have kept him and that they sent 4 guys at him and he took them all down.

didn't see that, On the FB Q and A video I just posted he said he still stocks and sells Storm products, and also said he was pumped beating belmo and it was not planned just a reaction. he beat him 4 times on TV.

JaxBowlingGuy
09-25-2016, 03:29 PM
didn't see that, On the FB Q and A video I just posted he said he still stocks and sells Storm products, and also said he was pumped beating belmo and it was not planned just a reaction. he beat him 4 times on TV.

Of course he does, it's all money. I believe he even said something to that effect as well.

PocketMonster
09-25-2016, 03:50 PM

Yeah I think hes just an excitable guy. I personally cringe a bit at that kind of thing.

LOUVIT
09-25-2016, 05:40 PM
hey, you get that far and beat the best you have to get excited I guess. Look at the old pro's especially Marshall Holman and again Pete Weber...they got no Shi!! when they mouthed off. It's just Adrenalin. Don't you sometimes get loud when you throw a clutch strike? I know I do. He even said if it was too much he apologized in the FB video I posted. I'm in no way sticking up for the guy, I do know him he is my PSO but I'm just a bowler as far as he's concerned. I could just imagine if I was on TV and beat some one like Belmo 4 times, I think I would get emotional....lol

NewToBowling
09-25-2016, 07:20 PM

Might be the same case with Dom Barrett moving from Storm to Track

LOUVIT
09-26-2016, 04:32 PM
Of course he does, it's all money. I believe he even said something to that effect as well.

hey who here is not all about money?..lol. Why else do you go into business. Why does Honda sell Chevy's on their used car lot? It's just harder and more published when you become or are a celebrity. I think after 15 years and 1 win he is pumped and he will have a great year. IMO...

NewToBowling
09-26-2016, 04:36 PM
hey who here is not all about money?..lol. Why else do you go into business. Why does Honda sell Chevy's on their used car lot? It's just harder and more published when you become or are a celebrity. I think after 15 years and 1 win he is pumped and he will have a great year. IMO...

He now has 2 titles...albeit in shortened formats (Wolf and Scorpion pattern titles)

But I like a little feistiness

LOUVIT
09-26-2016, 04:42 PM
He now has 2 titles...albeit in shortened formats (Wolf and Scorpion pattern titles)

I agree New....who doesn't? It wasn't like he "dissed" belmo, he just was pumped. If I beat the worlds best 4 times on Tv and hardly won I'd be pumped also. The man is 41 years old and just starting to make it, as far as the Storm thing...IDK the business aspect of it but he sells Storm and he drilled my Phaze without saying what a POS you got....hahahahahahahaha...Maybe I'll go watch him on the Thursday night league and see how he is....That is the league I want to be on next year.

He actually is a nice guy to talk to whoever you are, to him I am a nobody and he takes time to talk to me and ask about my bowling, I dought he even knows my name until he looks into his computer but treats me like a bowler.

stargell1
09-27-2016, 03:47 AM

What do you mean by shortened formats?

JaxBowlingGuy
09-27-2016, 08:44 AM
What do you mean by shortened formats?

Normal tour tournaments run qualifying, then match play then step ladder finals. This even just ran 8 games of qualifying then step ladder final.

The match play is usually like another 12+ games