PDA

View Full Version : Found a 200$ bag in the parking lot?

Genius
09-24-2016, 07:38 AM
So I found a storm rolling thunder 4 ball in the parking lot. On amazon it's showing 200$+ for the bag. It's dusty for sure, but it's in great condition. Had a couple of 10+ year old balls in it.

Being an average amateur bowler, 500~ series give or take 20 pins, should I keep it or clean it and sell it? I love bowling and would love to keep it, but selling it sounds so much more profitable. People seem to love this bag to death and I can see why! Solid construction, lots of pockets and easy to use without being too ugly.

I have 2 balls at the moment, but this could give an excuse to get 2 more :D:D:D. I have a 15lb brunswick revolver that's drilled to be thrown down the track and a spareball.

Interesting day....

Blomer
09-24-2016, 08:33 AM
Why do t you turn it to the center first just to make sure no one had too much to drink and forgot it? And if no one claims, go wild.

ytlas
09-24-2016, 10:09 AM
No shoes in the bag? Balls have oil on them like they've been used recently? Gut reaction is that someone just left it out as an anonymous gift. However, I agree that you should mention to the bowling center that you found a bowling bag in the parking lot. Nothing more specific that. If the real owner comes looking for it they will know what kind of bag it is and have a good idea of what kinds of balls were inside.

bowl1820
09-24-2016, 10:35 AM
agreed you should have probably mentioned it to the bowling center that you found a bowling bag in the parking lot.

While somebody could have abandoned it, what may have happened was someone stopped to talk to some friends.Then forgot to load it up and then drove off without it.

Hot_pocket
09-24-2016, 10:47 AM
You're probably better off keeping it, if it's not claimed of course. If the price for the bag new is $200+ new, it won't be worth that much used. Plus if you truly plan on buying 2 more balls, why spend an extra 150+ plus for a bag, when you already have 1?

LOUVIT
09-24-2016, 11:36 AM
I almost left mine outside the center just 2 weeks ago. I sat to talk to someone and just walked to my car without it...I'd say someone is looking for it and has probably called the center already.

Also if it was there when you were there that probably means the owner was there same time as you. I wouldn't want to get caught using it by the person who lost it. real bad for your reputation.

got_a_300
09-24-2016, 12:07 PM
I've been known to leave bowling balls and bags at various centers
as anonymous gifts back years ago or throw them over the bridge
into the river. Sometimes I'd just up and give a bowling ball to a
person that needed a ball that couldn't afford to buy a new ball.

Now days they are way too expensive to just buy a new ball and
bowl a few games with it then up and give it away or throw them
over the bridge so now days I just sell them for less than half of
what they cost new unless I know that they can not afford it then
I'll still give them a free ball.

LOUVIT
09-24-2016, 01:26 PM
I've been known to leave bowling balls and bags at various centers
as anonymous gifts back years ago or throw them over the bridge
into the river. Sometimes I'd just up and give a bowling ball to a
person that needed a ball that couldn't afford to buy a new ball.

Now days they are way too expensive to just buy a new ball and
bowl a few games with it then up and give it away or throw them
over the bridge so now days I just sell them for less than half of
what they cost new unless I know that they can not afford it then
I'll still give them a free ball.

Also YEARS AGO, when I worked at a center I used to find so many finger tip AMF's and Manhattan Rubbers laying around that people left there. I left a few myself.. Now the pro shop sells used balls for like 40.00 drilled, I keep going in looking for a spare ball cheap....lol

Genius
09-24-2016, 02:54 PM
Well it's pretty crusty. It was extremely dusty and after further inspection the zippers are pretty crusty. The balls inside were all 10-12 years old. I actually did go inside and ask around, but the bowling center was pretty empty. There were about 7 misc balls laid out all over the floor. Mostly uselsss 10-20yr old spare balls. Inside the bag was a storm paradigm and a brunswick total inferno.

I feel like I've morally done my part, so I was totally okay with taking it home.

LOUVIT
09-24-2016, 03:21 PM
Well it's pretty crusty. It was extremely dusty and after further inspection the zippers are pretty crusty. The balls inside were all 10-12 years old. I actually did go inside and ask around, but the bowling center was pretty empty. There were about 7 misc balls laid out all over the floor. Mostly uselsss 10-20yr old spare balls. Inside the bag was a storm paradigm and a brunswick total inferno.

I feel like I've morally done my part, so I was totally okay with taking it home.

lol you didn't make it sound like it was crusty when you said it was worth 200 or so. Strange they left it in the parking lot and not in the center or knew someone who wanted it....where you located I can use a spare ball...hahahaha

Genius
09-24-2016, 03:47 PM
its not REALLY crusty. It's hard to explain it actually looks great. The zippers are a bit stiff I should have said.And the value was just pulled from amazon as a flat value. It was just a moment of curiosity. In california lol. I doubt those balls are still there. Why not get a T-zone from amazon. I got my in the 'warehouse deals' section for 27 bucks then got it custom drilled for 30.

Tony
09-24-2016, 08:03 PM
It shouldn't take a Genius to figure out that you bring it back into the center front desk and if no one claims it in a couple of weeks then you come back and claim it, highly doubtful someone wanted to get rid of it by leaving it in the parking lot. There are lots of bowlers still using 5 , 10 or even 20 year old balls, not everyone goes out and buys new balls every couple of years.
Give a fellow bowler a break, and if they don't come to pick it up after 2 weeks you get it, otherwise it's basically stealing...right, it wasn't your's to take was it ?

Tony
09-24-2016, 08:05 PM

You didn't do crap, someone will almost certainly come back to the center after they realize it's missing, why would checking around inside have any chance of finding the guy. Do the right thing.