PDA

View Full Version : Spreadsheet for tracking score

JaxBowlingGuy
09-26-2016, 02:30 PM
Figured I'd share and see if anyone needs a spreadsheet to track their league scores. I made this a while back as a simple way to track various items of my league games. I know a lot use apps though.

Basically as its set up current it will track...
Average by game
Weekly average
Running average (where you can see change week to week)
Current average
Total games
Total pins
Games under 200
Games 200-250
Games over 250
Series under 600
Series 600-699
Series 700+

JaxBowlingGuy
09-26-2016, 02:32 PM
http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb407/gunsnjax/E6DADD24-A094-498D-BA0B-A62CD320F722_zpsenqjc985.jpg (http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/gunsnjax/media/E6DADD24-A094-498D-BA0B-A62CD320F722_zpsenqjc985.jpg.html)

fordman1
09-26-2016, 02:43 PM
When I first became a league sec. 20 years ago I used Excel and made up a full league sheet program. It keeps track of everything form financial to high games to who won pots. All pages are linked 8 bowlers to a team 24 teams. Hundreds of pages. It is even capable of doing the cushion rule and 10 pin drop stuff.

The center uses the pay and financial stuff for all their leagues.

Everything and I don't even use it except as a backup. I use BLS

JaxBowlingGuy
09-26-2016, 02:52 PM
This is a personal use spreadsheet vs for the whole league. Just to track your own scores over the year. I use it primarily as a reference for game to game average. If I see I'm 30 pins lower in game 2 half way through the season I'll focus on figuring out why that is.. Am I not making quick enough moves or am I just throwing the wrong ball. Can also use it to see trends and try catching a "slump" before it starts. If I have multiple consecutive weeks there I'm trending down I can reevaluate what is causing it. Just some extra stuff you can't really see when just looking at the standing sheets they give out

NewToBowling
09-26-2016, 04:07 PM
To make the spreadsheet cleaner so you don't have the 0 or DIV fields use IF function

Cell E6 (cell right below 730) would be =IF(D6="", "", SUM(B6:D6)) replace smiley with : D (no space)

Cell F6 would be =IF(E6="", "", SUM((E20:E23)/3)

Basically if D6 cell is empty leave E6 empty, otherwise add B6+C6+D6

Just copy and paste down the columns

fordman1
09-26-2016, 04:09 PM
SB13 I was going to give you an example but I can't post an excel file. I wonder if Anthony Weiner could post a selfie?

JaxBowlingGuy
09-26-2016, 09:56 PM
To make the spreadsheet cleaner so you don't have the 0 or DIV fields use IF function

Cell E6 (cell right below 730) would be =IF(D6="", "", SUM(B6:D6)) replace smiley with : D (no space)

Cell F6 would be =IF(E6="", "", SUM((E20:E23)/3)

Basically if D6 cell is empty leave E6 empty, otherwise add B6+C6+D6

Just copy and paste down the columns

Any way to have it where it doesn't require all 3 games entered. Like just for example, someone gets hurt or has to withdraw for whatever reason and they only bowl 1 or 2 game, or they are late and miss a game. Its only adding it after all 3 cells are filled. Basically this sheet is being uploaded in one of the ball staff pages and just trying to cover all possible so they don't run into any issues.. There is also a profit/loss section now as well but that doesn't have the "0s" or DIV fields.

NewToBowling
09-26-2016, 11:41 PM
Any way to have it where it doesn't require all 3 games entered. Like just for example, someone gets hurt or has to withdraw for whatever reason and they only bowl 1 or 2 game, or they are late and miss a game. Its only adding it after all 3 cells are filled. Basically this sheet is being uploaded in one of the ball staff pages and just trying to cover all possible so they don't run into any issues.. There is also a profit/loss section now as well but that doesn't have the "0s" or DIV fields.

Just change D6 to B6 so it will calculate whenever you enter data for first game. For F6 cell you would need AVG function vs SUM function because my original formula only works for 3 games

So Cell E6 would now be =IF(B6="", "", SUM(B6: D6)) (remove space between B6: and D6)

Cell F6 would be IF(E6="", "", AVERAGE(B6: D6)) (remove space between B6: and D6)