PDA

View Full Version : DV8 Warranty?

Goose
09-28-2016, 03:50 PM
Do any of you all know if DV8 provides a warranty?

Got a DV8 Ruckus Schizo from the local lanes Pro Shop, last one on their shelf I am guessing. i love this ball on their lanes but the finger tip holes half a crack all the way around them and I am just waiting for them to crack and have the piece fall out.

I suppose that won't be a problem since my ball won't be rolling over the holes.

Thoughts?

Amyers
09-28-2016, 03:53 PM
DV8 has a one year warranty. Don't wait take it in now if it's still under warranty.

got_a_300
09-28-2016, 11:16 PM
DV8 has a one year warranty. Don't wait take it in now if it's still under warranty.

Sorry Amyers but that is incorrect here is what DV8 says about their warranty on their bowling balls

Warranty
Look. We don’t screw around. DV8 bowling balls have been manufactured to the highest standards of workmanship and material. We warrant that they’ll be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of purchase. We agree to repair or replace the ball you bought if at any time during the warranty period it’s found to be defective in material or workmanship.

Stormed1
09-29-2016, 12:40 AM
Contact the pro shop you bought the ball from. They should be able to get it replaced if it's within two years from your purchase dated. Depending on their distributer they will either need to submit pictures of the cracking and the serial number. Or they might be required to send the ball back to them

ep1977
09-29-2016, 10:09 AM
In this case sometimes the manufacturer says the damage was caused by the drilling which excludes them from responsibility.

NewToBowling
09-29-2016, 11:04 AM
I've never had to file a ball warranty claim and not sure how successful it would be. There are so many other variables in play. Ball manufacturers can easily blame drilling or bowling alley before they point the finger at themselves.

Amyers
09-29-2016, 11:09 AM
Sorry Amyers but that is incorrect here is what DV8 says about their warranty on their bowling balls

My apologies I figure it was the same as Brunswick's. Shouldn't be a problem exchanging it as long as the ball was drilled properly

Goose
09-29-2016, 02:32 PM
My guess is that DV8 is gonna say its the drilling not their problem, but I"m still gonna ask. I have 5 other balls (2 being used my better half) all but 1 being used regularly on 2 leagues and all drilled by the same Pro Shop and employee. None showing the same concern.

Thanks for your input.

Amyers
09-29-2016, 02:48 PM
My guess is that DV8 is gonna say its the drilling not their problem, but I"m still gonna ask. I have 5 other balls (2 being used my better half) all but 1 being used regularly on 2 leagues and all drilled by the same Pro Shop and employee. None showing the same concern.

Thanks for your input.

My experience with the warranty claims has been good unless the driller did something pretty bad they will usually cover it.

Tony
09-29-2016, 05:28 PM
I have never had a claim but recall there was some notation about the size of the bridge and inserts and I found the following statement listed on the Bowlingball.com web-site

"Manufacturers typically do not warranty a ball against cracking if finger inserts are used."

I would certainly still bring the ball back to the pro shop and see what happens.

1VegasBowler
10-05-2016, 01:23 AM
My T Zone was cracking around the thumb, and when I took it back to my Pro Shop, it was replaced with no questions asked.

I also just noticed that I have a very small crack on the bridge and a compression fracture by the middle finger on my Ultimate Nirvana.

My PSO looked at it and said in its current condition, Brunswick won't do any thing and considering how small the crack is and the compression fracture isn't bad, there won't be any change in the performance of the ball.

If the crack and/or compression fracture gets bigger, he'll get it replaced.

billf
10-05-2016, 04:22 PM
I've filed several warranty claims. DV8 was the best, Storm was the worst. The Storm rep met me at my Storm VIP pro shop and told be the 1 1/2" crack wasn't bad enough to warranty. This was the third 900RotoStorm I had crack in some way, shape or form. Out of my 28 balls I currently own guess how many were purchased new from 900RotoStorm? 1, my still cracked Scream. I keep it as a reminder to not buy from a company that won't stand behind their products