PDA

View Full Version : people talking to mess you up

2handedsniper
10-15-2016, 05:41 AM
I've been getting turkeys lately so people now talk or do the arm lift during my shot.
How to not let it bother me

bowl1820
10-15-2016, 10:12 AM
The arm lift???

Easy just ignore them and concentrate on your shot.

chrono00
10-15-2016, 11:20 AM
The arm lift???

Easy just ignore them and concentrate on your shot.

I'm guessing arm lift as in throwing your arms up in a wtf or disgust type of motion like when someone throws a Brooklyn or hits at the 2/4 and somehow topples over everything for a strike, because you would probably have the same reaction of not expecting a strike from a throw like that

1VegasBowler
10-15-2016, 11:57 AM
I'm guessing arm lift as in throwing your arms up in a wtf or disgust type of motion like when someone throws a Brooklyn or hits at the 2/4 and somehow topples over everything for a strike, because you would probably have the same reaction of not expecting a strike from a throw like that

Like most bowlers, you know when your ball is going to Brooklyn. As soon as I release the ball and know it's heading there, I point that way. Some times I have to pray for a little help and love. lol

fordman1
10-15-2016, 12:03 PM
When they are not looking spit in their thumb hole. Then laugh real loud when they stick their thumb in.:p

Mike White
10-15-2016, 12:37 PM
When they are not looking spit in their thumb hole. Then laugh real loud when they stick their thumb in.:p

Come on, be a "man", spit in their thumb hole, while they ARE looking.

classygranny
10-15-2016, 02:18 PM
I've been getting turkeys lately so people now talk or do the arm lift during my shot.
How to not let it bother me

Ignore them and get more strikes...really pisses them off.

chrono00
10-15-2016, 02:54 PM
Like most bowlers, you know when your ball is going to Brooklyn. As soon as I release the ball and know it's heading there, I point that way. Some times I have to pray for a little help and love. lol

Yea I can usually tell right away if my ball is gonna make the pocket, wash out to the right or cross over.

Mike White
10-15-2016, 03:07 PM
Yea I can usually tell right away if my ball is gonna make the pocket, wash out to the right or cross over.

How would you explain this momentary ability to see into the future?

fordman1
10-15-2016, 04:03 PM
If you don't have a really good idea when you release the ball where it is going you are in trouble.

Mike White
10-15-2016, 04:21 PM
If you don't have a really good idea when you release the ball where it is going you are in trouble.

There are things in nature that people can sense, but not know how to explain.

When you play catch with a friend, do you apply the math and calculate the forces, and trajectories so the baseball will leave your hand, and be catchable by your friend?

When you let the ball go, can you see into the future and know it was a good throw or bad?

My point is how do you achieve that "really good idea" that allows you to see into the future?

JaxBowlingGuy
10-15-2016, 05:29 PM
Years of practice, knowing your natural feel and release. Someone with all of your years of experience surly know exactly what they are speaking of.

chrono00
10-15-2016, 11:14 PM
How would you explain this momentary ability to see into the future?

Well I usually have a pretty good idea of where I need to throw the ball to hit the pocket, so once I let it go if I'm aiming over second arrow and let it go 2-3 boards left of that I can usually figure where my ball is going somewhere left of the headpin.

Mike White
10-15-2016, 11:41 PM
Well I usually have a pretty good idea of where I need to throw the ball to hit the pocket, so once I let it go if I'm aiming over second arrow and let it go 2-3 boards left of that I can usually figure where my ball is going somewhere left of the headpin.

Ok for you it's a visual clue.... not really the instant you let go of the ball, but once you can see it's path.

Mike White
10-15-2016, 11:51 PM
Years of practice, knowing your natural feel and release. Someone with all of your years of experience surly know exactly what they are speaking of.

I know what it is, I was just curious if someone else did, and knew how to describe it.

Yes it comes with practice, and knowing the feel of a proper release, but what exactly are you feeling.

It's best described using the language of physics.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

For every force you apply with your hand, to the ball at release, the ball applies an equal force back to your hand.

Over time, you get to know that force and no longer are conscious of it.

When the force is different (you mistimed the release, or it slipped off your fingers before release, or you caught it extra strong) and unexpected your attention is drawn to the forces.

Again, over time, you recognize the differences, and the outcome they lead to.

So you're really not looking into the future, but into your stored knowledge of the past.

This is why when everything feels wrong, it's best to go back to the basics.

chrono00
10-16-2016, 12:59 AM
Ok for you it's a visual clue.... not really the instant you let go of the ball, but once you can see it's path.

Yea basically. I mean sometimes u get lucky and it catches a little oil and holds or it gets to far out but I got more revs on it then usual and it will find a way back, but usually I know pretty quickly after I throw it where it's gonna go roughly