PDA

View Full Version : Primal Fear Video and Written Review

MOTIVmags
10-18-2016, 01:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWA8V5kCAIU

Description: The Primal Fear is the 6th generation Primal. It introduces the NEW Voracity Pearl Reactive Coverstock with a 5000 Grit LSP box surface. The Primal Fear also shares the same dual density Impulse V2 Symmetric Core as used on the Primal Rage Remix, Primal Rage and Primal Scream.

Reaction: The Primal Fear is a ball designed for medium to medium-heavy oil, without having to use an asymmetric core. So…the Primal Fear has some big shoes to fill as it is replacing the Primal Rage. I honestly feel it was time to replace the #redball, only because it is several generations behind a majority of balls currently in production and MOTIV is constantly upgrading their coverstocks. Having a proven core with an upgraded coverstock was bound to be another great successor. Simply put, the Primal Fear provides a shape that is clean and very continuous. It’s not extremely angular but provides plenty of shape down lane. On a fresh typical house shot it allowed me to open up my angles, but found that it didn’t overly respond when encountering friction. For me this is a go to ball when I make my first zone change going deeper. I think this is as strong as a ball can be and still be considered angular or faster down lane.

Comparisons: The Primal Rage is cleaner and more angular, but the Primal Fear is about 2-3 boards stronger. The Primal Rage Remix is sooner and smoother, but the Primal Fear is about 1-2 boards weaker. The Primal Fear will pretty much take the place of both my Primal Rage and Primal Rage Remix, it fits that well in between the two.
Summary: If you like either the original Primal Rage or the Primal Rage Remix you’re going to like this piece as well. At the same time if the original Primal Rage was maybe too angular or the Primal Rage Remix was a little too strong or too smooth then you too are going to like this as an option.

MOTIV | Turbo | Genesis | Bowlifi | Bowlerx.com Regional Staff
Mike Magolan