PDA

View Full Version : Lane Masters is accepting applications

JaxBowlingGuy
10-25-2016, 10:07 AM
If anyone is interested, Lane Masters is accepting application for their amateur staff. If you would like an application, shoot me a message with your email and I will get one sent over.

I will say that since I started throwing their equipment I have seen my average increase. They are some of the smoothest rolling balls I have thrown, yet strong enough to still make the turn down lane. Being a staff member you will have access to the balls prior to the public release as well. Being on staff, you are able to purchase balls from the 3 lines below.

Lane Masters
Legends by Lane Masters
Lord Field

fokai73
10-25-2016, 12:37 PM
One thing I like about Lane Masters is that, they do really hit harder than my other stuff I've owned. This is one of the smaller companies that make really good bowling balls. Simple and effective. I"ve cashed often with these balls. I've been able to play on longer patterns when the rest of the better bowlers struggled. These balls are smooth and controlling the break point will help your scores. The one thing that stands out for me and what turned me on to LM, was their hitting power. I"ve seen low rev players carry light hits better than the big brand companies. Imagine the pin action with guys with higher rev rates!!!! The continuation too... just have to try it.

For me, because I bowl on lower volume, I had to adjust the covers on many of their balls. They do have balls for lighter oil, but in my honest opinion, they aren't that good. But anything medium and heavier, they are a blast to throw. Just go onto Lane Side Reviews on YouTube, those guys loved the LM balls they sampled.

I know the owner and had the pleasure of being invited to his plant a few times before he..... anyway, those guys on staff are pretty tight. I think you all will enjoy getting know the people on staff and see the 300's and 800's being posted on FB frequently. I shot my highest series with the power strike after being in a slump, the ball was like a magnet and kept finding the pocket.

With the holiday season coming around, there will be good deals and packages you can't find anywhere else. Good products, good people, and great prices.

JaxBowlingGuy
10-25-2016, 12:53 PM
One thing I like about Lane Masters is that, they do really hit harder than my other stuff I've owned. This is one of the smaller companies that make really good bowling balls. Simple and effective. I"ve cashed often with these balls. I've been able to play on longer patterns when the rest of the better bowlers struggled. These balls are smooth and controlling the break point will help your scores. The one thing that stands out for me and what turned me on to LM, was their hitting power. I"ve seen low rev players carry light hits better than the big brand companies. Imagine the pin action with guys with higher rev rates!!!! The continuation too... just have to try it.

For me, because I bowl on lower volume, I had to adjust the covers on many of their balls. They do have balls for lighter oil, but in my honest opinion, they aren't that good. But anything medium and heavier, they are a blast to throw. Just go onto Lane Side Reviews on YouTube, those guys loved the LM balls they sampled.

I know the owner and had the pleasure of being invited to his plant a few times before he..... anyway, those guys on staff are pretty tight. I think you all will enjoy getting know the people on staff and see the 300's and 800's being posted on FB frequently. I shot my highest series with the power strike after being in a slump, the ball was like a magnet and kept finding the pocket.

With the holiday season coming around, there will be good deals and packages you can't find anywhere else. Good products, good people, and great prices.

The hitting power is really the biggest difference I have noticed. I have the LM Yeah Baby in my bag for the lighter/light med shots and it's a beast. Just this past weekend I was throwing it in the 3rd team squad when everyone was complaining of over reaction, I was playing a nice inside line and crushing pocket. Usually playing such a inside line (outside of 11-12 was bone dry so had to stay inside there) I would leave a lot of corner pins. Thinking back, I can only remember (1) 10 pin within the 3 games. Actually had someone asking me how I was getting the ball so smooth with the revs I have (495).

The new Pandemic is just a great heavier oil ball. The downfall is at OOB finish it's going to be a little stronger than most like for a THS but all the balls I have thrown take to surface changes well.

fokai73
10-25-2016, 01:10 PM
The hitting power is really the biggest difference I have noticed. I have the LM Yeah Baby in my bag for the lighter/light med shots and it's a beast. Just this past weekend I was throwing it in the 3rd team squad when everyone was complaining of over reaction, I was playing a nice inside line and crushing pocket. Usually playing such a inside line (outside of 11-12 was bone dry so had to stay inside there) I would leave a lot of corner pins. Thinking back, I can only remember (1) 10 pin within the 3 games. Actually had someone asking me how I was getting the ball so smooth with the revs I have (495).

The new Pandemic is just a great heavier oil ball. The downfall is at OOB finish it's going to be a little stronger than most like for a THS but all the balls I have thrown take to surface changes well.

That's one ball I wish I didn't pass up. But, a friend is going to give me his and I'll get to try it. He too would be bang'n with the YB while the rest of us are still fishing. He has a revrate under 300, but man, those pins have no chance. I think having no fillers in bowling balls due make a slight difference....

JaxBowlingGuy
10-31-2016, 10:46 AM
Have had a few people message me. Still open to others.

got_a_300
10-31-2016, 10:14 PM
Storm, what are the Requirements / Qualifications to become
an amateur Lane Masters staff member?

fokai73
11-01-2016, 02:02 AM

Just fill out the form, join their "family", and spread the word.

Amyers
11-01-2016, 09:22 AM

Enough money to buy their balls lol

JaxBowlingGuy
11-01-2016, 10:24 AM
Not quite true anymore. There's been a big overhaul in the past 3 months or so with about 1/3 of the people remaining.

There are no set in stone requirements and not everyone that applies gets accepted anymore. They are looking for people who bowl tournaments, leagues, and have the ability to push the brand (like any company). I can't get into many details on contracts as the only one I know for sure is mine but I will throw it out there that coming in new you're not likely to get comps (again like most companies). If you get an advisory position it's basically a "trial" position to make sure the balls work for you and you fit with the company. Once within the group there are constantly staff only specials on balls. (Some as low as $62.50 shipped).

So just a quick recap of you're simply wanting free stuff it's probably not the place for you (or any company really). They do comps, but chances of coming in at a position to get them isn't likely (but it has happened)... like any staff position it's about "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours". I will say the most i have paid for a ball is less than 75% of the storm line up and that was from the beginning of joining.

JaxBowlingGuy
11-01-2016, 10:27 AM
There are also demo days starting around the country so if you're on staff that's another thing you can assist with. We also have a staff only league and just to show the kind of competition I think I'm only like 6th high in the average of 74ish at 231.

JaxBowlingGuy
11-01-2016, 10:32 AM
(Sorry can't edit on mobile)

One more note.. you are not required to be exclusive with LM/LF until you have 8 new release balls. So don't think you have to completely jump in an buy a whole Arsenal at once. Once you get to 8 balls it's assumed that you have a full Arsenal and have no reason to use another company. If you do any PBA events you're free to use whoever since as of this year LM didn't renew their PBA registration.

baker
11-01-2016, 11:24 AM
Which company would you compare LM/LF to in terms of overall characteristics? Are there any gaps within their current offerings that you wish you had? How often do they release new balls?

Sorry, lots of questions; these amateur contracts have intrigued me in the past, but I've never pulled the trigger and tried to apply.

JaxBowlingGuy
11-01-2016, 11:42 AM
Which company would you compare LM/LF to in terms of overall characteristics? Are there any gaps within their current offerings that you wish you had? How often do they release new balls?

Sorry, lots of questions; these amateur contracts have intrigued me in the past, but I've never pulled the trigger and tried to apply.

Personally the only other company I have thrown in the past 15 or so years have been Storm. I'd say we have some balls that are comparable to Storm, and others that aren't. The Pandemic for example replaced my Alpha Crux. As a whole, I'd say more towards a Brunswick style with a little smoother reaction and not so much skid flip that Storm is known for. One of the biggest things I have noticed between these and other balls i have thrown is the predictability of them. They are very consistent.

As for gaps, I'd have to say that it's pretty well rounded at this time. We have the pandemic (LM), Blizzard (LF) for heavier oil, then for upper mid range there's the ExTerminator (LM), Prestige (LM) and Oddessy (LM).. getting into lower mid range there's a list of good ones. My personal favorite is the Yeah Baby (LM). A guy in my wed night league has gotten 3 balls from the Black Pearl line (LM) and shooting well with them. Then for higher low range we have the Wasp line (similar to the tropical storm or Hot line from storm). If you need a step down from there we have the a line of balls with pancake weight blocks and reactive cover as well as urathane. For urathane there the old school (LF) which has a weight block and urathane cover and there's the Saver which has a pancake weight block and urathane cover.

As for new releases, it's been anywhere between 2-4 a month between all the brands together. The most recent LM ball is the Pandemic and the most recent LF is the Blizzard

fokai73
11-01-2016, 12:44 PM
I'm the type of person who doesn't give a rats butt about what people say about me. So when I looked into the late Tony Martins company, there were haters and bowlers who were curious. But the haters were out there. Before I jumped into the wagon, it was seeing the ball roll first that caught my eye before knowing about the staffing advertisement. I liked what I saw in two balls a friend was throwing. So I asked him about the balls and he introduced me to this "advertisement". I also talked to regional guys (friends of mine) and with an ex tour pro from the 80's and 90's and all of them really like Lane Masters. some said they wouldn't be with C300, or DV8, or whatever company they are in if LM was registered with the PBA.

In my opinion, for a business stand point, this is a smart way to push a bowling product. Get the average Joe bowler access to "discounted" balls that are actually good. It also makes league bowlers feel like they are somebody, like they belong. The way the bowling industry is going now compared to the passed, this is also good for bowling somehow. And the guys at LM/LF do treat each other like family. So in short, it's good for both the business and the bowlers. Yes you get stuff cheaper, but these bowling balls they produce are good bowling balls. Yet, the bowlers have to do their part too.

I don't belong to the group anymore cause I don't feel the need to buy balls every six months, from this company or any other company. I have 7 and that's all I need. I have balls that skid snap, roll early, and do the things I'm looking for. And I also left for personal reason.... I don't burn the bridge in life, but this time I didn't care... I tired it, I liked it, and I left......

JaxBowlingGuy
12-06-2016, 11:48 AM
I have added a few videos of newer releases to the Lane Masters and Lord Field section. If you're interested in giving the brand a chance shoot me a message and I will get an app sent over. We also have a new ball to be released next week to honor Tony Martin. It will be produced in limited numbers and once it's gone, it's gone.