PDA

View Full Version : anyone keep one company or mix it up?

fokai73
10-26-2016, 01:50 PM
I used to carry only Storm balls and bags for several years. It was simple to build an arsenal for me. The "gaps" were filled and less balls to purchase. Quality was good as well.

But, I went away from being brand loyal the last two years, and it does have it's benefits. Especially when looking for a type of ball roll/shape you're looking for. Some companies are "skid snappy" and some are more smoother. The only negative I had when I did mix ball companies - I have gaps in my bag and going to tourney's and not having a ball to save face isn't fun. I don't follow ball production like I used to, so I'm a lost sheep when it comes to new bowling ball releases.

Today I have a mix of Storm, Lane Masters, Lord Field, Brunswick, hammer, and RG. I only need two of the balls I own for leagues, but since I'm returning to do more tourneys a year, these balls could come in handy.

RobLV1
10-26-2016, 03:18 PM
I currently use balls from two sources: Storm lines for length and snap, and Brunswick lines for smooth roll. Current arsenal: Rocketship, Fight, and Snap Lock from Storm, and BTU, LT 48, and Ridiculous from Brunswick. I just ordered the Storm Code Black to replace the Snap Lock.

1VegasBowler
10-26-2016, 03:23 PM
I have no choice but to be with the Brunswick family because I'm a staffer (hence the "Team Brunswick" that I can wear).

But I don't mind it one bit. In fact, I love it!

Brunswick has such a versatile line for all of my needs, and it allows me to take on pretty much any condition out there.

fokai73
10-26-2016, 04:27 PM
I currently use balls from two sources: Storm lines for length and snap, and Brunswick lines for smooth roll. Current arsenal: Rocketship, Fight, and Snap Lock from Storm, and BTU, LT 48, and Ridiculous from Brunswick. I just ordered the Storm Code Black to replace the Snap Lock.

Rob, I recently got the LT-48 and wondered what you like and dislike about the ball. I've seen a friend roll his and according to him, it's "sneaky strong".

foreverincamo
10-26-2016, 04:50 PM
I have 10 balls currently, Brunswick/DV8 make up 80%, the other 20% are Hammer.

Mike White
10-26-2016, 04:53 PM
I have 10 balls currently, Brunswick/DV8 make up 80%, the other 20% are Hammer.

I have 12, excuse me 11... and they are all Titleist.

Mike White
10-26-2016, 04:55 PM
I have no choice but to be with the Brunswick family because I'm a staffer (hence the "Team Brunswick" that I can wear).

But I don't mind it one bit. In fact, I love it!

Brunswick has such a versatile line for all of my needs, and it allows me to take on pretty much any condition out there.

You can take on pretty much any condition out there, with a house ball.

The question is, can you defeat any condition out there.

manke
10-26-2016, 05:13 PM
I throw what i win on here and facebook !!

foreverincamo
10-26-2016, 07:55 PM
I have 12, excuse me 11... and they are all Titleist.
I tried golfing with my DV8's but the clubs kept breaking.

RobLV1
10-26-2016, 09:38 PM
Rob, I recently got the LT-48 and wondered what you like and dislike about the ball. I've seen a friend roll his and according to him, it's "sneaky strong".

The ball goes very long, but does not over-react when it hits friction. I think the "sneaky strong" description is accurate. I just drilled up a new one after about 1000 games on the old one. The new one is a step up from the BTU.

Mike White
10-26-2016, 10:07 PM
I tried golfing with my DV8's but the clubs kept breaking.

Make sure you're irons are made of just that.... iron.

1VegasBowler
10-27-2016, 01:48 AM
You can take on pretty much any condition out there, with a house ball.

The question is, can you defeat any condition out there.

When you say defeat, in what way are you meaning?

Turkey Track Hammer
10-27-2016, 11:56 AM
Started out as a kid with Brunswick. Then moved to Hammer. Been all Track the last 10 years.