PDA

View Full Version : Bowling again after 3 major surgeries........

Hammer
10-26-2016, 05:11 PM
Bladder removal because of cancer and a cranky prostate gone. Opened up again 6 months later to correct scar tissue blocking left ureter. Left hip replacement a little over two months ago. Finally went bowling today with my wife for the first time in a year and a half. My new hip was a little cranky so I had to modify my approach a little. Scores weren't important. What was was my approach and staying behind the ball at the release. I did that pretty well. I was having good revolutions after the first test game.

First game was 124 and the second was 149. I found out that this alley puts down a 42 foot pattern for all the lanes. I never bowled here before because my league changed houses when I started having my surgeries. So I didn't care what I bowled ofcourse because I was happy just to be able to bowl again. I am going to start bowling with my teammates this Saturday. The folks on my league are happy to see me coming back finally. I used to go with my wife to watch them bowl while I was recovering. That was murder. I wanted to bowl so bad. Instead I would drink Captain Morgan and coke. It took some of the pain away.

I AM GLAD TO BE GETTING BACK TO BOWLING AGAIN. YIPEEEEEEE!

manke
10-26-2016, 05:15 PM
Good for you Hammer, Good Luck!

NewToBowling
10-26-2016, 05:43 PM
Good luck

LOUVIT
10-26-2016, 05:47 PM
just keep trying. I came back after 25 years and back surgery and a 100lb gain. I average 149 after 6 months but am shooting over 500's now. today was like 549.

foreverincamo
10-26-2016, 07:57 PM
Glad you got thru all that! Get that first 200!

jab5325
10-27-2016, 06:17 AM
Bladder removal because of cancer and a cranky prostate gone. Opened up again 6 months later to correct scar tissue blocking left ureter. Left hip replacement a little over two months ago. Finally went bowling today with my wife for the first time in a year and a half. My new hip was a little cranky so I had to modify my approach a little. Scores weren't important. What was was my approach and staying behind the ball at the release. I did that pretty well. I was having good revolutions after the first test game.

First game was 124 and the second was 149. I found out that this alley puts down a 42 foot pattern for all the lanes. I never bowled here before because my league changed houses when I started having my surgeries. So I didn't care what I bowled ofcourse because I was happy just to be able to bowl again. I am going to start bowling with my teammates this Saturday. The folks on my league are happy to see me coming back finally. I used to go with my wife to watch them bowl while I was recovering. That was murder. I wanted to bowl so bad. Instead I would drink Captain Morgan and coke. It took some of the pain away.

I AM GLAD TO BE GETTING BACK TO BOWLING AGAIN. YIPEEEEEEE!

Thoughts & prayers are with you, Hammer. Glad to see you're back out there.

J Anderson
10-27-2016, 09:38 AM
Glad you're back Hammer!

fordman1
10-27-2016, 03:48 PM
Hammer you will be fine. I talk from experience. I had a long list of stuff done. Never had a hip or knee replaced buy lots of other stuff. The one thing that sidelined me the longest was a tear in my hamstring. It took longer than a Heart bypass, 6 inches of colon from cancer, part of my right lung, two hand surgeries and 6 months of chemo twice. All totaled not even close to as long as the hamstring.
Don't ever quit trying.

Hammer
10-27-2016, 04:20 PM
Hammer you will be fine. I talk from experience. I had a long list of stuff done. Never had a hip or knee replaced buy lots of other stuff. The one thing that sidelined me the longest was a tear in my hamstring. It took longer than a Heart bypass, 6 inches of colon from cancer, part of my right lung, two hand surgeries and 6 months of chemo twice. All totaled not even close to as long as the hamstring.
Don't ever quit trying.

WOW! You make me look like a healthy person. I didn't need chemo or x-rays because my bladder cancer was caught early but not early enough to save the bladder. The doc made a bladder out of seven inches of my small intestine so everything is on the inside working like a normal bladder. It is amazing what can be done these days. A lot better then that bag on the outside of the body. I had hernia, prostate and knee surgery before the bladder and hip. Getting old sucks. The big 70 is getting a lot closer to me. These days time runs faster then I do. At least I am still vertical. Good luck moving forward in your life.

fordman1
10-27-2016, 04:49 PM
Same to you and 70 is only a number. I am a fighter and my guess is so are you. Just keep going.