PDA

View Full Version : PSO appointment....

foreverincamo
11-05-2016, 03:08 PM
I have a DV8 Ruckus Schizo that fits my hand perfectly. Sunday I'm taking a few balls to my PSO and see if we can duplicate that fit. I know we stretched the span around 1/8" and the thumbhole is 1/32 bigger in diameter than any other ball. I have a few balls that I want to throw that the fit just isn't there anymore. Guessing my hand has changed enough over the years. We shall see what happens.

ChuckR
11-05-2016, 04:55 PM
If you wear a wrist support, be sure to wear it also. They can alter your layout by 1/4" or so.

Mike White
11-05-2016, 06:25 PM
If you wear a wrist support, be sure to wear it also. They can alter your layout by 1/4" or so.

I think you mean it could alter your grip specs.

The layout is how you position the core of the ball relative to your PAP, and the center of your grip.

foreverincamo
11-06-2016, 12:48 PM
I don't wear any wrist support. I'm sure any change in going to make will be small, but small changes can lead to big results.

ChuckR
11-06-2016, 02:51 PM
I think you mean it could alter your grip specs.

The layout is how you position the core of the ball relative to your PAP, and the center of your grip.
I refer to 2 layouts. My finger width, angle, size is one layout. Where it is applied to the bowling ball is the 2nd layout.

fokai73
11-06-2016, 07:52 PM
Still, "layout" is the term for pin to PAP position.

Still, "layout" is the term for pin to PAP position or core position...

foreverincamo
11-06-2016, 09:55 PM
Back from my appt with my PSO. Found out a few things that I figured out just by feel. Stretched the span on two balls to 4 1/2 " from 4 3/8". Increased thumbhole size to 55/64, up 1/32". Another ball was all f****d up in the thumbhole. The pitches were backwards so he pulled the slug and will plug the ball and re-slug it and drill it to the new span and thumbhole.
Two other balls are correct in the span but the thumbholes are on the small side. Since the spans are good I'm going to manually open up the thumbholes and those balls should be ok.

LOUVIT
11-09-2016, 04:38 PM
I had my span's shortened like 1/4" against my PSO's advise just because it was more comfortable at the time. I am re thinking this change now.This is my shorter span and people tell me it's too short...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/louvit/20160723_120513_zps3t0mghfo.jpg

Mike White
11-09-2016, 05:01 PM
I had my span's shortened like 1/4" against my PSO's advise just because it was more comfortable at the time. I am re thinking this change now.This is my shorter span and people tell me it's too short...

You might find things improve by trying to keep those fingers away from the meat grinder.

From the picture, I'd guess it's short compared to a standard span by about 1/4".

You had it shortened for a reason. If that reason is still applicable, stay where you are.

Because everyone else is telling you it's too short isn't a good enough reason to change.

However, 1/4" is a pretty big adjustment.

Do you know for a fact smaller adjustments wouldn't have been just as comfortable?

LOUVIT
11-11-2016, 03:14 PM
My track has a bit longer span now and I get out of that ball much easier so I am having the Phaze made 1/8th or so longer. i have issues getting out of the Phaze on release. I had them shortened a couple of months ago when I was still getting used to the modern release. As far as that finger nail, I don't know but the Dr. said if it don't hurt leave it for a while....lol he said it's a real issue to fix it. Strange thing is that my ring finger is the one that hurts for some reason.

foreverincamo
11-11-2016, 08:14 PM
I got to bowl with one of the balls that I got the span stretched and the thumbhole enlargened. Much better! I need to replace the finger inserts. They are just worn out. The ball came off my hand so much cleaner. I stayed with the ball for all three games even though the conditions warranted a ball change. The third game I hit the pocket 11 straight times, 2 strikes and 9 ringing 10's. I just kept playing the ball and kept tweaking the thumbhole.
Now I'm on vacation and have a business trip to Eastern Pennsylvania. Take care of business and going to hit the local bowling lanes just to have fun. I'll pick up another ball that should be done tomorrow too. Fun!!

Jessiewoodard57
11-15-2016, 02:01 PM
Back from my appt with my PSO. Found out a few things that I figured out just by feel. Stretched the span on two balls to 4 1/2 " from 4 3/8". Increased thumbhole size to 55/64, up 1/32". Another ball was all f****d up in the thumbhole. The pitches were backwards so he pulled the slug and will plug the ball and re-slug it and drill it to the new span and thumbhole.
Two other balls are correct in the span but the thumbholes are on the small side. Since the spans are good I'm going to manually open up the thumbholes and those balls should be ok.

This is why I like the switch grips so much ball to ball the thumb feel is always the same

foreverincamo
11-15-2016, 10:27 PM
My PSO doesn't do switch-grips, and I'm too cheap anyway. By using the Hada patch on my thumb plus the black fitting tape, I can get each ball close enough.