PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Brunswick TPU-X and Stealth?

NewToBowling
11-09-2016, 03:13 PM
Stealth doesn't come with any extra soles/heels. TPU-X does.

Stealth is cheaper. Any other difference?

NewToBowling
11-09-2016, 03:45 PM
Nvermind, just purchased TPU-X (Black/Royal). Figure the extra soles/heels were worth it and the shoe looks just a bit better than Stealth

ep1977
11-09-2016, 06:20 PM
I love the TPU-X! Can't get a better pair of bowling shoes for $100

foreverincamo
11-11-2016, 08:30 PM
I love my TPU-X's!! Comfortable and versatile. Worth every penny.

1VegasBowler
11-11-2016, 09:32 PM
I ordered a pair of the TPU X today and I'll have them tomorrow.

I also ordered a pair of the Flyers as well.

foreverincamo
11-11-2016, 09:52 PM
Trust me, you'll love them. Especially if you bowl in multiple centers. Easily adapt the slide shoe to the approach slickness.

1VegasBowler
11-11-2016, 10:32 PM
Trust me, you'll love them. Especially if you bowl in multiple centers. Easily adapt the slide shoe to the approach slickness.

I have no doubt and I'm certainly looking forward to using them :)

Truth is, while my Dexter Ricky III's are still very comfortable and useable, it was strongly suggested that I start wearing the Brunswick shoes.

It wasn't a surprise to me about the strong suggestion because I knew that sooner or later I would have to get them, and I was figuring around the first of the year. And needless to say, I didn't pay too much for either pair, and since my PSO is also a Brunswick staffer as well, I get them both within 24 hours. lol

bowl1820
11-12-2016, 08:51 AM
I have no doubt and I'm certainly looking forward to using them :)

Truth is, while my Dexter Ricky III's are still very comfortable and useable, it was strongly suggested that I start wearing the Brunswick shoes.

It wasn't a surprise to me about the strong suggestion because I knew that sooner or later I would have to get them, and I was figuring around the first of the year. And needless to say, I didn't pay too much for either pair, and since my PSO is also a Brunswick staffer as well, I get them both within 24 hours. lol

One thing to note about the TPU-X's is that they (and most other similar shoes) no longer come with the yellow/tan buckskin slide sole.

The slide sole that comes on the TPU-X is the SP-08 White Micro fiber as the standard slide. (Which most companies are now using as the standard slide.)

So you might want to get a replacement buckskin slide sole for it.

The S-8 Yellow Leather (Buckskin) used to be the standard slide sole that came with shoes, but was replaced by the White Micro Fiber.

Some don't like the WMF as it doesn't slide as much as the old buckskin. (I replaced mine with the buckskin sole)

You can get a replacement buckskin sole from Bowlingball.com (where I got mine) or Ebay you just got to cut it to shape

http://s5.postimg.org/u92s0dz0n/buckskinslidesole01.jpg

NewToBowling
11-12-2016, 09:43 AM
I currently use Dexter Turbos (basic $40 shoe). Am I to understand that the default slide sole on the TPU X will be the same on the Dexter Turbos? If so that would be great.

bowl1820
11-12-2016, 10:08 AM
I currently use Dexter Turbos (basic $40 shoe). Am I to understand that the default slide sole on the TPU X will be the same on the Dexter Turbos? If so that would be great.

I don't know right off hand what soles are on the Turbos

But the TPU-X come with the SP-8 white microfiber slide pad, TP3 rubber push off sole, H-5 graduated rubber heel and H-2 shark tooth heel on the shoes.

Also included in the box are the SP-10 grey felt slide pad, SP-6 perforated white microfiber slide pad, H-7 leather heel , Dura-Flexx shoe cover, TPU X branded accessory bag, and an extra pair of laces.

1VegasBowler
11-12-2016, 10:47 AM
One thing to note about the TPU-X's is that they (and most other similar shoes) no longer come with the yellow/tan buckskin slide sole.

The slide sole that comes on the TPU-X is the SP-08 White Micro fiber as the standard slide. (Which most companies are now using as the standard slide.)

So you might want to get a replacement buckskin slide sole for it.

The S-8 Yellow Leather (Buckskin) used to be the standard slide sole that came with shoes, but was replaced by the White Micro Fiber.

Some don't like the WMF as it doesn't slide as much as the old buckskin. (I replaced mine with the buckskin sole)

You can get a replacement buckskin sole from Bowlingball.com (where I got mine) or Ebay you just got to cut it to shape

Thank you for that valuable information my friend, because I will certainly keep all of that in mind.

Personally, my approach starts at the forward dots with 5 steps and I literally walk up to the line and I like a lot of slide, so I'll start with the SP 08 White and work from there.

NewToBowling
11-12-2016, 11:21 AM
I don't know right off hand what soles are on the Turbos

But the TPU-X come with the SP-8 white microfiber slide pad, TP3 rubber push off sole, H-5 graduated rubber heel and H-2 shark tooth heel on the shoes.

Also included in the box are the SP-10 grey felt slide pad, SP-6 perforated white microfiber slide pad, H-7 leather heel , Dura-Flexx shoe cover, TPU X branded accessory bag, and an extra pair of laces.

Turbo soles are like any other basic sole from other basic shoes like Ricky's, etc. I'm guessing they are the same. It is a white microfiber sole

NewToBowling
11-12-2016, 11:23 AM
Also with 6, 8, and 10 slide soles I should be all set

foreverincamo
11-13-2016, 09:52 PM
I forgot about the buckskin soles. I'll have to look them up. I do know the felt slide pad on a slick approach feels like your on wet ice wearing hot skates!!

1VegasBowler
11-16-2016, 01:02 AM
Wednesday night I get to try my new TPU X shoes during league. But before I do, I'm going early for a practice run so I don't break my neck during league play..lol

NewToBowling
11-17-2016, 07:55 PM
Just got the shoe in the mail. First impressions it looks and feels nice. Will try it out tomorrow.

One slight negative is the thickness of the slide soles. They are paper thin. But I guess that's why they make them interchangeable

1VegasBowler
11-17-2016, 09:17 PM
Just got the shoe in the mail. First impressions it looks and feels nice. Will try it out tomorrow.

One slight negative is the thickness of the slide soles. They are paper thin. But I guess that's why they make them interchangeable

Be careful about using the #10 and the felt heel together! You will bust your skull! lol

J Anderson
11-18-2016, 10:19 AM
Also with 6, 8, and 10 slide soles I should be all set

90% of my bowling is at one bowling center, where a #8 slide sole seems perfect. #6 has worked okay on those times when something bad has happened to the #8, especially after a bit of wire brushing.the one time where I was bowling at a center with approaches too sticky for the #8 sole, the #10 was way too slippery. I with a #9 was included in with the SST8s.

NewToBowling
11-18-2016, 04:39 PM
Just tried it out. Can't seem to get right combo. Settled on S6 for sole as S8 is too slippery. Issue comes with heel. The H5 rubber one has too much resistance and H7 felt one has way too much slide. Looking for smooth rubber heel like on my Dexter Turbos. Brunswick doesn't offer H6 I don't think. Did see H6 from Dexter but not sure if same thing. For now will order a few more soles and heels and continue using old shoes. I just don't have faith in new shoes yet. With select combos either I brace to slide or stick too much.

bowl1820
11-18-2016, 05:36 PM
Just tried it out. Can't seem to get right combo. Settled on S6 for sole as S8 is too slippery. Issue comes with heel. The H5 rubber one has too much resistance and H7 felt one has way too much slide.

I had the same problem with the H-5 graduated rubber heel, It mainly needs to just to be broke in (wore down some). It does better once you get some use on tit.

what I did to speed up the process was I sanded down the little round nubs near the leading edge and rounded the leading edge just a little.

you can kind of see it in this pic.

Looking for smooth rubber heel like on my Dexter Turbos. Brunswick doesn't offer H6 I don't think. Did see H6 from Dexter but not sure if same thing. For now will order a few more soles and heels and continue using old shoes. I just don't have faith in new shoes yet. With select combos either I brace to slide or stick too much.

Note Dexter heels and soles will work on them, the soles are just shaped slightly different and the heels will work they just don't have the H-bar lock on them.

I used my old dexter sole till I got the new buck skin one.

NewToBowling
11-18-2016, 11:31 PM
I went ahead and purchased some Dexter H6 with replacement leading heel inserts. I will also try to wear down the H5 heels also.

NewToBowling
11-21-2016, 10:23 AM
I've gone back to old shoes for now. Ordered a few more soles and heels (SP-4 Sole, H5 and H5 Sawtooth Dexter Heels) to get right combination. It might be a sole issue vs heel so we'll see what the SP-4 sole does for me.

chip82901
11-29-2016, 03:37 PM
I'm currently using a S6 and H2 combo (I like to slide, but I also like to stop lol). In the past, I had SST8's that just didn't hold up. I did however steal my heal off of my SST8's as the H2 on the TPU-X is a little much until I get a chance to wear it down a bit