PDA

View Full Version : Ball to pick up the 7-pin

Chamiso
11-12-2016, 11:30 AM
Hi all,

I am looking at getting a spare ball to pick up the 7-pins with. I am left handed. I know part of my problem is just that I can't flatten my hand enough to throw a ball straight. Even the best fitting house ball at my alley hooks on me and ends up near the pocket when I try to throw it straight. My current ball is the Radical Rave On. With that I can get far enough right to get the ball to the 1 board and it'll stay on it until just before the pin when it breaks and just misses the pin. I would try moving more right but that would only work on one of the two lanes of a pair. Ball return would be in the way on the other one lol.

Also, figured this is the time of year to start looking at expanding my arsenal beyond just the one bowling ball.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

1VegasBowler
11-12-2016, 11:45 AM
A plastic ball is the best way to go. Since you're left handed, make your adjustments to your right or left so that the ball will take a path to the 7 pin.

JasonNJ
11-12-2016, 03:09 PM
Yep any old plastic ball should be fine. I personally like the Storm Mix line, they are a pearl urethane with high polish so it behaves pretty much like a polyester ball with maybe a little more friction.

larry mc
11-27-2016, 08:07 PM
Yep any old plastic ball should be fine. I personally like the Storm Mix line, they are a pearl urethane with high polish so it behaves pretty much like a polyester ball with maybe a little more friction.

true dat