PDA

View Full Version : Having a scheduled week off from league sucks!

Blomer
11-13-2016, 07:30 PM
No bowling today as a result of a college tournament taking up the lanes. I always look forward to Sunday mornings to bowl, at least I have league tomorrow. Instead I got to hang with the boys and watch the Bears get whooped again!! SUCKS!

foreverincamo
11-13-2016, 09:55 PM
Sometimes the break does you good! Our league misses Thanksgiving Thursday every year, and the last couple years Christmas and New year's have bitten us. League ended in May!

1VegasBowler
11-13-2016, 11:06 PM
Sometimes the break does you good! Our league misses Thanksgiving Thursday every year, and the last couple years Christmas and New year's have bitten us. League ended in May!

No doubt about this. Taking a break for a few days isn't a bad thing. Sometimes too much bowling can make things worse instead of better. So take advantage of the physical and mental R&R to refresh yourself.

NewToBowling
11-14-2016, 09:34 AM
I have a Wednesday league so absolutely not breaks this season. Monday and Thursday have natural breaks due to holidays, etc. Nothing falls on Wednesday :)

JasonNJ
11-14-2016, 09:37 AM
I have a Wednesday league so absolutely not breaks this season. Monday and Thursday have natural breaks due to holidays, etc. Nothing falls on Wednesday :)

My Wednesday league takes off Thanksgiving week to give people time to prepare.

jab5325
11-14-2016, 11:35 AM
My Wednesday league takes off Thanksgiving week to give people time to prepare.

I wish my league would do this! I'm responsible for cooking many of the big items (i.e. turkey, stuffing, desserts) and could really use the extra time.

Regardless though, I like off weeks. Sometimes I just need a break because of life or have things that come up in the evenings. In fact, I took a "mental health night" last Monday.