PDA

View Full Version : No bowling in 6 months....

Jessiewoodard57
11-16-2016, 02:43 AM
Went bowling tonight for the first time in 6 months and in that 6 months I have lost 35 pounds. Well It had not dawned on me that large weight loss effects not just the waste line but the fingers too! I managed to drop the ball way too much tonight we are talking it would take like 4 layers of tape to tighten the grip up. My finger tip grips are more like conventional grips and my thumb was ridiculous. Even with my smallest switch grip thumb that in the past had barely seen use was way too big. My PSO happens to bowl league Tuesday nights so I went down a few lanes and seen him to talk about tightening up the grip. Guess he had seen me drop the ball when I was bowling so he guessed what I needed. Fortunately all I'll need is replacing the finger inserts and cutting me a smaller switch thumb. $5 for the grips and $21 for another thumb. so $5 per ball is cool I said good thing because I have 11 balls. He suggested picking 3 of my favorite balls and do them because if I continue to lose more weight I'll need to do it all over again. Oh the joys of ball maintenance. Top game 160 dropping the ball all the way through had to laugh at myself.

1VegasBowler
11-16-2016, 03:08 AM
It's funny, but it isn't. I certainly congratulate you on shedding all of that weight and wish I could drop a few of the 250 that I have..lol

I say it's good advice from your PSO. Take care of the 3 you like best and work from there, otherwise you could be dropping a lot more money than you're already planning on.

And BTW...Welcome back! :)

Amyers
11-16-2016, 09:36 AM
Glad to hear your back on the lanes and congrats on the weight loss

foreverincamo
11-18-2016, 04:07 PM
Awesome job! Keep it up and the thinner you will bowl scores higher than what you weigh.