PDA

View Full Version : How to know my specs

Bowlingfan92
11-25-2016, 09:16 PM
I really wish I knew how to find my ball speed, Rev rate, rotation etc. Buying balls and drilling would eventually cost less if I knew these things and quite possibly make me a better bowler. I'm familiar with with the tape method and counting rotations and counting from release to arrows while using a certain equation but how accurate can that really be?

bowl1820
11-25-2016, 10:36 PM
I really wish I knew how to find my ball speed, Rev rate, rotation etc. Buying balls and drilling would eventually cost less if I knew these things and quite possibly make me a better bowler. I'm familiar with with the tape method and counting rotations and counting from release to arrows while using a certain equation but how accurate can that really be?

Here's a video with the basic's

How to find a bowler's PAP, ball speed, rev rate, axis rotation and axis tilt.

https://youtu.be/aicFPNb0YHw

As for how accurate the tape method is, unless you have access to a C.A.T. System or the Ebonite Bowler ID system.

It's accurate enough for something you can do yourself at the lanes and is a widely used and excepted method to find your stats.

LOUVIT
11-26-2016, 03:24 PM
lol I look up at the score and it tells me my speed, have no clue if it's accurate....I can throw real hard at a 10 pin and throw a normal strike ball and it's still in the 12 mph area. So I really do not trust it...

Krash300
11-27-2016, 10:39 AM
Never trust the ball speeds on the screens. They usually are never right.

LOUVIT
11-27-2016, 05:08 PM
great video, have to get some of them tools...