PDA

View Full Version : Bowling apps [Android]?

The Procrastinator
12-16-2016, 04:28 PM
Does anyone use any bowling apps on their Android device?

I've been thinking about a way to keep track of my scores to see if I see a pattern emerging. For example, the first year I bowled league, I received stats at the end of the year that showed my average for game 3 was higher than game 2, which was higher than game 1. It was neat to see that it looked like I needed to warm up a little and that game 3's were typically my best games of the night. So I went ahead and looked in the Google Play Store for some bowling apps to keep track of my scores.

The two that I downloaded (that were free) were Bowling Scores and My Bowling Free.

What I like about Bowling Scores are the aesthetics. It's nice how the scores and strike percentages are represented as bar graphs or as pie charts. But it still feels like something is missing.

On the other end is My Bowling Free. No cool pie charts but you do get a line graph and more statistics. Plus you can enter your scores as pins and go back and look at your score sheet for your games so that's neat.

So a quick visual representation of your scores and percentage of shots (strikes, spares, opens, etc.) comes up with Bowling Scores and more numbers pop up in My Bowling Free so for now I'll keep using both to see if I notice anything with both. What's nice about My Bowling Free is that you can export your data as a CSV file so if you wanted to do more statistics on your own you could.

So again, anyone use any bowling apps or have good recommendations?

JaxBowlingGuy
12-16-2016, 05:30 PM
If PinPal is on there it's a good one. I use it on the iPhone. Keeps track of leagues, tournaments, and open bowling. I think it was around $8-9 but worth it

LOUVIT
12-16-2016, 06:20 PM
use a spread sheet on your computer..that's the easiest way for me since I use my phone only as a phone....haha

But I don't keep track anyway....it'll just depress me.Sometimes it's not the scores but if you were doing what you were supposed to be doing. i write down sometimes what i should concentrate on.

mishatx
01-17-2017, 01:10 AM
If PinPal is on there it's a good one. I use it on the iPhone. Keeps track of leagues, tournaments, and open bowling. I think it was around $8-9 but worth it

It looks like PinPal is $8.99 on Google play. I just started using the free version of My Bowling Scoreboard and it seems to do about the same thing.

NewToBowling
01-17-2017, 09:55 AM
Keep in mind PinPal on Android is a neutered version compared to IOS. One major difference is IOS version you can export game graphs with "pindicators" where as that feature is missing in Android. And the developer hasn't updated the app in years so I consider it abandoned with no further updates.