PDA

View Full Version : Hello from KY

KYDave
12-26-2016, 10:12 AM
Just got back into bowling this summer from a 12 year layoff. I had back surgery and took time off to make sure I was ready. In the meantime, both centers I bowled league had closed down. I bowled some practice about 2 years after surgery and was very sore. I was scared to re-injure my back so I didn't go back until we had a christmas party at a local center last year. I decided to bowl a game and no pain afterwards. A little muscle soreness but that was to be expected. I slowly started to get back in and by this summer I felt pretty good. Rebuilding my arsenal since the last balls I owned were when particle balls were the new thing lol. I found my old PSO who now runs a pro shop at home. Just picked up ball 3 a couple weeks ago and have been working on my game. I have nerve damage in my right foot and has been a bit of a challenge but I'm getting there.

Started to video all my practice and that has really helped a lot. Have been able to correct several issues, still working very hard on my timing. Since my 1st and 3rd step are much shorter I've found I'm nearly a full step off.

Very excited to be back into bowling, and excited to be a part of this board.

Thanks for reading!

Dave

LOUVIT
12-26-2016, 11:22 AM
welcome back, I came back 6 months ago or so after 25 years. It's a whole new game....lol

Amyers
12-26-2016, 12:00 PM
Welcome back to the game Dave what part of Kentucky are you from?

KYDave
12-26-2016, 01:06 PM
Thanks guys!
I'm in Louisville area

YODA
12-26-2016, 04:48 PM
Welcome to the forums and back into the great sport of bowling.. You will enjoy it here :)

Blomer
12-26-2016, 05:26 PM
Welcome to the boards! Do you know what yo are getting yourself into here? Just kidding!