PDA

View Full Version : Bowling for Buck$

Blomer
01-15-2017, 03:50 PM
Lately I have been attending an event called Bowing for Bucks at my alley. It's held once a month. Pay twenty dollars, bowl 3 games. Get a struck with certain patterns of the bowling pins and win different amounts of money. Brackets and also drawings. The big drawing is if your number gets pulled, you can bowl for the pot $4,500 if ou strike, miss and get a dollar for each pin you knock down. My number was called last night but since I only been there for 4 times I could have won $150 but I choked!

Does anyone else's alley do something like this?

foreverincamo
01-15-2017, 06:41 PM
Never saw a jackpot that big! Our league does a " mystery score " the second game where after everyone's completed game 2 they pull three numbers out of a set of bottles. First bottle has 1,2,3. The other two have 0-9, If the numbers line up with what someone bowled, they win the pot. It's up to around $2000.

got_a_300
01-15-2017, 07:26 PM
We used to have something like on Friday nights only ours
was called Pot Of Gold where you have different colored pins
in the rack and if they came up in a certain order it was worth
anywhere from a couple of dollars up to $30.00.

We also had the strike pot where you bought tickets each
game and if your number was called you had to strike in a
certain frame to win the pot for that game they would draw
a number out and you had to strike in that frame whichever
number was drawn.

The third game was different if your number was called out
then you had to strike in the 3rd, 6th, and 9th frames to win
the third game pot which got up to somewhere around I think
it was $4500 dollars.

But since the ownership has changed hands a couple of times
they never did start it back up

KYDave
01-15-2017, 08:35 PM
A center I used to bowl in that closed down several years ago did that. They also did bowl a strike. Most still have this. Some will roll it over if it is missed up to $599. Others will bowl it out every night. I have won a couple times, but never anything more than about $60 or so. If I got called on a big pot I always seemed to pull it and go thru the face lol

foreverincamo
01-15-2017, 10:24 PM
Place in Columbus, OH that does a three game 300. You have to throw 12 strikes over three games in designated frames. Game one was frames 1,3,5,8 Game two was 2,4,7,9. Game three was 6, 10,11,12. Let the pot grow until hit.
Was also in a league that did a Pot 'O Gold where they got everyone in to pay 25 cents a week. Score to hit started at 300, then dropped a pin a week until the target score was hit. Pot was $40/ week that rolled over until hit. This was in the late 1980's. We never had game over 279 thrown in that league the two years I was in it. Some very good bowlers in it. Damn tough house.